- 50 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
- 255kcal per 100g.
How to make a hake stew with potatoes . Today I bring you a recipe for a simple fish stew , in this case with hake.
A very simple dish made with basic ingredients to accompany great white fish.
When you find a quality hake on the market, if it is the best skewer, it is time to prepare this dish. And it is that within the fish recipes that we have on the blog we must give hake a prominent place.
Hake is a white fish with a fine and delicate texture. It is an ingredient that allows us endless preparations. Whether having it as the protagonist, hake in green sauce , baked, stuffed hake, meatballs in sauce or as a secondary ingredient. Even in other types of preparations such as forming part of the filling of some crepes or as the star dish in my house, the Galician hake .
In one way or another, it is an exquisite bite that all you ask for is to be treated delicately. Perhaps the only secret to the success of this recipe is, of course, a fresh hake, and respecting its cooking point.
From this point we only have to prepare a very easy stew with fish with ingredients that we will all have at home to accompany the fish.
A tasty fish stew that we have enjoyed very much and with which a good amount of wet bread has fallen in the delicious sauce. I encourage you to cook fish at home, it is a super healthy food and it allows us simple and very tasty elaborations.
Preparation of the hake stew with potatoes
- In a rather wide casserole, heat a splash of olive oil. When it is hot add the onion and garlic cut into small cubes.
- We poach the vegetables for about 10 minutes. It is advisable that the casserole that we are going to use is wide so that we can place the pieces of hake without mounting them on each other, as far as possible.
- Add the peeled and diced potatoes. We will crack the potatoes instead of cutting them so that they can release starch in the cooking process and help thicken the sauce.
- We continue cooking, stirring occasionally, while the potatoes are browning and the onion continues to fry.
- We remove the casserole from the heat and add the paprika. We remove to integrate it with the rest of the ingredients and we put it back on the fire. We remove the casserole to perform this operation. It is very easy for the paprika to burn if we keep it in the heat.
- Add the peeled and grated or chopped tomato, the chopped parsley and cook 10 minutes more, stirring to avoid burning.
- Let’s pour the water. And from the moment it starts to boil, cook over medium heat for 15 minutes with the casserole covered.
- Salt and add the pieces of hake to the casserole, cook 5 minutes more and turn off the heat.
- We keep the fish for 5 more minutes in the saucepan off and covered before serving. We serve this great hot stew.
It is a light and healthy dish that is also super tasty, a whole dish of yummy.
A recipe that fill without eating excess calories. The potatoes satiate enough so with a loin of hake per person, you will have enough. In addition, the sauce is great with what you will need plenty of bread, dipping and dipping.
You can see in this step by step how to prepare this traditional recipe, a delicious stew with potatoes .