- 15 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 1.2 € / person
- 235kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make tabbouleh with tuna . Today I bring you a salad with couscous tuned and tuna, for what is modified and adapted and for tuna among its ingredients.
It is an adaptation of the traditional recipe of Arab cuisine, the tabbouleh , this time supplemented with the odd ingredient, including tuna, a tabbouleh with tuna .
Tabouleh is a salad typical of many Middle Eastern countries, very popular in Syria, Lebanon or Jordan, traditionally called Lebanese salad. Starting from the basic ingredients, couscous, tomato, onion, lemon and a lot of parsley , we can get an equally fresh and summery salad incorporating the odd ingredient.
The incorporation of canned tuna , if it is homemade better than better, together with cucumber and peppers, makes this totally Mediterranean salad, a complete dish that could perfectly go from being a simple accompaniment to becoming a main dish or even a single dish.
I advise you that, if we use tuna in olive oil, we take advantage of that oil to dress the salad, it will provide a fat point of immense flavor that we can not waste.
Preparation of tabbouleh with tuna
- We put the couscous in a bowl and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of water to hydrate it. We remove with a fork to facilitate that they are mixed of homogeneous form.
- We wash the tomato and chop it as small as possible. Peel the onion and cut it in the same way, as small as possible. Add the vegetables to the bowl where we have the couscous.
- We wash and dry the parsley with kitchen paper and chop it up. This is the main ingredient of this dish, so we have to use a good bunch.
- Add the parsley to the rest of the ingredients. We salt and add the lemon juice and stir the salad to integrate the flavors.
- We wash the peppers and remove the inner seeds.
- Chop the peppers into small cubes and add them to the bowl. We wash the cucumber and remove the skin, although this point can be omitted if the skin is tender enough. Chop the cucumber and add it to the bowl.
- Crumble the tuna and add it to the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. We take advantage of the canned olive oil to season the salad.
This enriched couscous salad, a tuna tabouleh, can be almost a unique dish on summer days. Even a proposal to serve as an accompaniment to a dinner. A luxury of flavors and aromas, a delicious dish.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours. The recipes for fish and shellfish are a delicious way to share food with friends and people that you want.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.