- 1 cup of white quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 lemons in juice
- 1 serrano pepper
- 8 large shrimp cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Rinse the quinoa three times, drain it, and place it in a saucepan along with the water and butter. Cover and cook over high heat until the water boils, lower the heat to a minimum and cook for 15 more minutes. Drain and pour into a tray to cool. Reservation.
- Mix the cabbage with the lemon juice, then add the serrano pepper, shrimp and blueberries. Finally, wrap the salad with the quinoa and add the olive oil; salt and pepper and serve.
If nothing surprises you in the kitchen anymore, it is because surely you have not tried new and delicious things, so this is the right moment to exploit the maximum flavor of the quinoa salad with shrimp and fall in love with it; Do not think about it anymore and decide once and for all to try it, will you stay with the craving?
Immerse yourself in the kitchen and experience everything it has to offer knowing all the RECIPES WITH QUINOA that you can do.
- Thanks to the lysine contained in quinoa, it improves immune and gastric function. In addition, it helps the formation of antibodies, cell repair, and calcium absorption.
- Quinoa is made up of two phytoestrogens, daidzein and genistein, which help prevent osteoporosis.
- 6% of the total weight of the grain is fiber, which favors intestinal transit, reduces LDL cholesterol (or bad cholesterol) and raises HDL cholesterol (or good cholesterol).
- Being a cereal, it has the property of absorbing water so that a feeling of satiety is achieved, contributing to weight loss. Great if you are on a diet!
- Quinoa is very good for celiac disease patients to manage gluten tolerance by improving gut functions.