- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 5 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
- · · ·
How to make a seafood cocktail . With today’s seafood recipe , I have looked back in time. I have recovered from my memory one of the dishes that I enjoyed most as a child at various weddings and banquets.
This is the legendary seafood cocktail that we all remember, at least surely the ones from my take off, those born back in the 70s and earlier.
Although it is still a recipe that Mikel Iturriaga calls ” viejunas “, I am more than willing to break a spear in favor of this type of dish , so I present you a seafood cocktail that I assure you is delicious . It is about combining some type of seafood, whether it is prawns, prawns or even Norway lobster or lobster , if we already want to be king up, with basic ingredients such as pineapple, avocado, tomato and chive. All this combined with an incredible cocktail sauce, will make you want to recover this dish for any of your private celebrations.
In addition to the ingredients that I have used, you can give free rein to your imagination and try the one that you like and think that it could look good, sweet corn, small pieces of beets, even mushrooms if you want to do something different. I wish you an overwhelming success with this recipe, and I am sure you will campaign with me to put the seafood cocktail back in the right place in our gastronomy.
Preparation of the seafood cocktail
- We put water to boil in a saucepan. When it comes to a boil add the whole prawns and let them cook for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool. When the prawns are warm we remove the shells and the casing. We reserve.
- In a bowl we are incorporating the chopped ingredients.
- First add the pineapple and chives, finely chopped. Then we incorporate the avocado into pieces and water with the lime juice.
- We stir well so that, especially the avocado, it is impregnated with the juice, thus we prevent it from oxidizing and blackening, in addition to adding its flavor to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the cherry tomatoes cut into four pieces each and mix well to integrate all the ingredients.
- Cut the prawns into pieces leaving some to decorate the glasses, and add them to the bowl. We mix well.
- We wash the lettuce leaves and cut them into thin julienne strips.
- We place a bed of lettuce in each of the serving glasses and on top we incorporate the reserved cocktail.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the mustard, ketchup, Worcesterchire sauce and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- We serve 3 or 4 tablespoons of sauce in each of the glasses above the cocktail and decorate each glass with some whole prawns.
Tips and recommendations for a yummy seafood cocktail
- The quantities indicated to prepare the cocktail sauce are a bit indicative. Ideally, we will try the mixture and add more or less of some of the sauce, according to our taste.
- A little parsley or coriander sprinkled on top of the sauce would be great for this cocktail, it will give color as well as flavor.
- In a moment we have a refreshing and very tasty seafood cocktail, totally yummy.
- I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours.
- The fish and seafood recipes are perfect for a light dinner, a party or just because, a delicious way to share food with friends and the people you love. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.