Discover the myths and uses of three great allies in our kitchen: express, pressure and super-fast pots.
There is no time to spare. Finding a balance between the available hours and the desire or need to cook at home sometimes seems like a difficult task.
So we look for alternatives so that the cooking times adapt to our schedules and that’s when, between robots, microwaves and crockpotting, childhood meals come to mind with the express pot.
And after a long internal debate and asking experiences of each other, detractors and supporters of each system; The day comes when we track prices on the Internet or go to stores and begin to see that within the category of fast cookers, there are thousands of alternatives and names that confuse . So here is our guide to not get lost.
Pressure cookers, pot expr é s and quick cooking pots. Similar, but very different.
All of them have in common that they have systems that work with a pressure above atmospheric . This difference causes the boiling temperature to increase and the cooking time to decrease.
That is the basic secret of all. Yes, somehow they are all under pressure, but now we are going to determine the differences.
Pressure cooker or express pot
- Featu sticas : at the top have a bar that joins the close one end of the pot. It normally works at 0.5 bar.
- They have a safety valve that allows to decompress that pressure. Normally the valve turns and beeps. Actually, it’s the steam coming out.
- Currently you will find several different models that have many additional functionalities. But basically they are like this.
- Pressure cooker with bridge-type closure, capacity 4 liters
- The CLASSICA pressure cooker can with everything, the recipes of today and yesterday
- With the CLASSICA pressure cooker everything will be easier, practical and quick, since its traditional format is fast and comfortable to use
- Made of the highest quality 18/10 stainless steel and thermo-resistant bakelite, which guarantee great resistance to wear
- Thanks to its wide variety of abilities, you can choose the one that best suits your lifestyle and yours
R pot to ask
- Characteristics : they are the evolution of the previous ones. The lid is attached and rotated until its handles and body handles match. The closure is made around the perimeter and therefore they can reach higher pressure. In this case, 1.05 bars.
- They don’t have a valve per se. But they do have systems to maintain that pressure and cooking tends to be faster than pressure cookers.
- There are several models, but they usually have two levels of cooking and you can regulate the pressure to, for example, cook fish without crumbling the first time.
- Dishwasher safe body
- Triple bottom forged diffuser
- Suitable for all types of cookers, including induction
- Ease of use, saving time and energy
- Also called fast pot and express pot
Olla superr to ask
- Much like fast pans, only they allow you to regulate the pressure to further shorten cooking times. And in a few paragraphs we tell you more about them.
- SUPER FAST: the MAGEFESA NOVA pressure cooker offers super fast cooking with very simple operation and a patented opening system to close the lid with minimum effort and maximum security. Preserves more vitamins, minerals and flavors.
- RESISTANT MATERIALS: it is made of highly wear-resistant 18/10 stainless steel, IMPACT BONDED BOTTOM thermo diffuser bottom for a homogeneous distribution of heat that makes it suitable for all types of kitchens, including induction.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: The MAGEFESA NOVA pot cooks meat using only 1/15 of the heat energy that is usually needed and can prepare pinto beans with just 1/3 of the normal energy required. By cooking at higher temperatures, the pressure cooker cooks faster, saving time and energy.
- HEALTHIER COOKING: Our pots keep the vitamins and minerals in food, which translates into tasty and nutritious meals for the whole family.
- 5 SAFETY SYSTEMS: The MAGEFESA NOVA pot has 5 safety systems: PRESSURE SENSOR, CLOSURE SAFETY, OPENING SAFETY, WORKING VALVE, SAFETY VALVE and SAFETY WINDOW.
Ra pots ask the é ELECTRICAL
- Features : They cook under pressure, they have the option to program cooking and they plug in. They are not used on the stove. If you have little space in the kitchen, they can be a very good option to prepare your recipes.
- Boil, fry, bake, steam many types of cooking thanks to the wide temperature range (40ºc-160ºc)
- Includes a steaming tray to cook two different foods at the same time; dishwasher safe
- Stainless steel bowl (up to 5 liters), with non-stick coating and suitable for cleaning in the dishwasher; family format
- Variety of programs: ‘my mode’, to customize temperature and time; and delayed start, to program the end time
- Security system that automatically turns off autocook when the selected program has finished and child lock
With so many options: express, fast, super fast, electric, which one to choose?
Pressure cookers have evolved a lot.
The pressure cookers work with very high temperatures playing against when preserving most vitamins termohábiles.
The v to valve to pressure ng is in the center of the lid and while in full operation, is rotating. The steam is continuously coming out so you will have to add liquids to prevent the food from drying out. Of course, if you use it correctly, the steam will come out very slowly and it’s a good sign. It means that the internal pressure is adequate.
If the pot is whistling because the valve has turned too much and a lot of steam comes out, you will have to remove it from the fire, wait for the pressure to drop, the valve turns to its proper point and so you can cook again.
And here comes the first of the myths: that the valve turns fast does not mean that the food will be ready sooner. But be Ma dry s.
Of course, you have to be aware of doing it and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid burning yourself. Do you remember that you wanted something quick to buy time? Well think about if this is what you want.
The new ones, the super fast cookers , need very little liquid (water or oil, if you are going to brown or fry) and cook, obviously, very quickly.
If you have a good quality, during the cooking you will not lose any liquid. Of course, depending on the model, they will have a safety valve that will cause steam to escape, consequently, it will lose some of the liquid.
Since they are fast and require very little liquid , the nutritional value of your food will be much higher than with an Express pressure cooker .
You were looking to have more time and with them you can have steamed vegetables or rice in 2 minutes.
In the market you have several models with different funds. The chrome steel ones, for example, can be a very good option for frying . And no, for this type of cooking, you don’t need to put their lid on them. A glass one that fits well, I’ll be great.
In any case, are they safe?
- In order for them to be on the market, they must comply with safety regulations. But of course, if they are not well maintained , as safe as it is when leaving the factory, it will not be if you do not take good care of them.
- And since each make and model has its own security measures, listen to them.
- Of course, during cooking, you must leave the lid still .
- Problems come when you try to open it while the steam is under pressure. That means, fixed, a burn that can be something very serious if the lid flies off. Something that you can avoid by making correct use of your kitchenware.
- The amounts are important . So never exceed 2/3 of its capacity. Give the steam room to work under pressure.
- If you see that it has a leak, that does not close tightly , do not get MacGiver, go to the repair service immediately and have it fixed.
To qu é can use a superfast pot?
Man does not live on stews alone, least of all your super-fast pot.
Allows users to browning, roasting, frying and roasting , plus cooking and preparing food to steam .
- Steamed vegetables
- And of course, the traditional cooking of:
- Legumes (such as chickpeas) Beans
- Any stew
- Lents’ stew
- Desserts, like flan
Most recipes can be prepared using only the pot. So in addition to the cooking time you save, you will spend less time washing dishes .
Last update on 2020-05-24 / Affiliate Links / API Images for Affiliates
Did you like it? Share it!
Share Tweet Pin it To print
Receive a weekly email with new recipes and yummy recommendations.