- 70 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 153kcal per 100g.
How to prepare an egg custard easily and simply .
There are many favorite desserts at home, but in this family of sweet tooth one of the most liked is the flan .
This is one of the dessert recipes made with egg that delights children and adults.
A classic in every house and it has become one of the most famous desserts in Spain. Although many times what we eat is not a flan, but a project of it.
In today’s recipe I will explain how to do it right, step by step, with photos and even video so that you have the almost perfect egg custard recipe.
This flan is one of those homemade recipes that, surely, are not lacking in any recipe book.
It is in France that the sweet version of the omelette became popular and began to be served as an inverted dessert, almost as we now know it, with a caramel sauce .
This dessert was called flan or ” creme renversee au caramel “. Today it is one of the most popular desserts in the world and persists around the world just as the French did.
A very simple dessert in its preparation and comfortable in its planning, since it is made with few ingredients that everyone has at home: eggs, milk and sugar, I also leave you a step by step of how to make the perfect caramel.
There is no doubt that it will become one of your favorite sweets and even the base of other desserts. In this case baked, but you know that on the blog you have the casserole version, the egg flan without oven of a lifetime.
A luxury available to anyone with indecent texture and flavor, you will tell me!
Preparation of the caramel
- We put a saucepan or a frying pan on the fire at medium temperature so that it reaches temperature.
- We add the ingredients in the following order: 5 tablespoons of white granulated sugar and a little water (3 tablespoons).
- Leave over medium heat without stirring (at first we should not move the sugar with a wooden spoon because it will weigh down).
- We will see how little by little small bubbles begin to form and the sugar changes color.
- When this happens we remove, now yes, with a wooden spoon and we help to mix everything.
- Remove from the heat and continue stirring until it reaches that roasted honey caramel color.
- Let it warm for a minute and caramelize the container walls of the flannels or where we are going to prepare the flan. We put the caramel in the bottom first.
- We are turning or tilting little by little through the walls of the molds until it is all impregnated with caramel.
- Let the caramel cool until it is medium hard.
Preparation of the egg custard
- The quality of the eggs is essential to prepare a quality homemade custard.
- We separate the yolk from the white of 6 eggs, the whites can be used for other recipes, do not throw them away.
- To these yolks we add three large whole eggs, we add the sugar and the whole milk.
- We beat everything until there is a creamy mass and with a little foam. We reserve.
- Fill the central tray of the oven with water. We raise the temperature of the oven to 200º C until the water begins to boil.
- We put the flan cream in small flan molds or in an individual flan.
- We cover them with aluminum foil and put them in the oven. Always in the tray with the water for approximately 50-60 min at about 200º C, until the flan are curdled and golden.
- The oven will not stain anything at all but be careful not to burn yourself with the water in the tray.
- Made of stainless steel.
- Traditional tapered design. Shiny silver finish.
- Measurements: Diameter 8 cm – Height 5 cm – Bottom diameter: 5 cm.
- Set of 12 individual flaneras.
- Quality guarantee.
Final preparation of the flan
- I recommend that the last 10 minutes of cooking remove the aluminum foil so that the upper part gets a little color. Although it will not be seen later, we will turn it around.
- After 50 minutes you can test with a knife to see if they are completely curdled.
- If it comes out clean they will be ready, if we don’t leave them a little more.
- Let cool at room temperature and then put them in the fridge, they will be much better cold and from one day to the next.
Carefully unmold in a plate so that all the flan is bathed with the caramel and enjoy. Yummy!
You already know how to do it, now to practice and you will tell me …
If the video and the recipe do not reach you. Do not miss the step by step of the egg custard recipe .
Tips for a perfect egg custard
- I advise you to prepare the caramel at home, it is very simple. Also many times I have burned the sugar that I wanted to use in a flan, a pudding or a cake. I can finally say that it no longer happens to me.
- It is all a matter of practice but I leave you with some steps with which there is no possible failure. Remember that even if you are very sweet you should not put your finger in the candy, I tell you from experience.
- We can add (optionally) a few drops of lemon juice. These will brighten and prevent it from crystallizing quickly.
- I assure you that starting from the original recipe that I present today we can flavor our flan with lemon or orange, cinnamon or vanilla, make the flan that have the most visits on the blog.
- Flan chocolate or nougat , the classics are also an option, that of cheese flan , of chestnut or orange , or tell us a good pudding to the English style.
Last update on 2020-05-24 / Affiliate Links / API Images for Affiliates