If you have just landed in this post, you already have a earned point, surely you have researched on the internet and have come to these tips, or out of curiosity you have said to yourself, ” Surely some idea of the chubby will come in luxury “.
Try to keep 2 or 3 points of this text and I assure you that you will make your purchase a little better. Going to the supermarket, market or trusted store is an act of repetition, and if you apply any of these ideas on a daily basis, I assure you that you save and will make the purchase much better.
Before cooking any blog recipe, you must have the ingredients at home, they do not make you have them all, in some cases you can improvise, but it is essential that to cook an egg you have an egg.
In my case it is difficult to go to a food market to buy, I usually end up in the supermarket in front of the house, because I live in a city on the outskirts of Madrid.
But if you can it is a great option, to buy choose what best suits you: your neighborhood market, or a good supermarket, without neglecting the small neighborhood store of all life, which still has a product that interests you.
If you live in a small city it is easier to be able to buy in one market and complement in other types of establishments. If you live in bigger cities you will have to assess where to buy.
Going to buy is important but to do it well you must plan. Write everything down on paper, think that even if you have an elephant memory you can always forget something, it is not the first time that I go to buy super olive oil and I come without it.
Supermarket advertising is based on compulsive shopping. Protect your budget and purchase according to your shopping list.
In most families, the food budget is the first household expense, well, after the mortgage. Organizing to buy can save money, time and energy .
In this blog you will find different types of recipes with different budgets, from the simplest (most) to dinners for special occasions.
Tips and recommendations to make the purchase well
- Plan the purchase on the days that there are products on sale or on sale, it is a tip that I always tell you at Christmas to save on those dates but that can be applied to the whole year. You can save 50% on purchases if you go straight to the point. Reading the advertising brochures that are left in the mailbox from time to time, I assure you that it comes in handy.
- Buy what you need , do not make an excessive list. I do not want to go to the supermarket to become indolence, you must be practical and not waste time. Not spending 2 hours shopping for the whole month, better to buy more spaced and short, than excessive. Haste, lack of time or simple comfort can mean that shopping is sometimes very expensive. When planning the recipes you are going to make, it is necessary to first check what is in the fridge, freezer, pantry or cabinets before buying new foods.
- Buy seasonal products , the blog has a very cool summary where you will know what to buy and when. Citrus in winter and strawberries in summer are much cheaper than out of season. Buy fresh seasonal products, and you will save.
- Calculate unit prices. Large packages do not always come out cheaper, if you are going to make salmon and orange toasts for 2, you do not need to buy half a kilo of salmon. Calculate by the price of each unit, or by the price by weight. This way you will see the best price for each product, whatever the size.
- Let the professionals of the sector, butcher, fishmonger or fruit bowl you trust advise you . They are usually good professionals and take care of the client, they will advise you on what you need. If you go with the list and tell him what you are going to prepare, they will surely help you, they will even give you ideas for other occasions.
- Look for “hook items” from supermarkets and department stores. Every week there are usually advertisements for heavily discounted products to attract consumers, it usually happens with olive oil, sugar, bread or a certain fish. The offers “3 for 2”, “second unit at half price”, “family packs”, … take advantage, marketing is for everyone, for them and for you. So you can make cheaper recipes , you just need to spend a little time thinking about what to do and how. They also help the customer or loyalty cards of your supermarket every day will give you benefits. By checking out each purchase, points are accumulated, discounts are usually made or free services are provided, such as taking the order to the home at no cost. It should therefore always be at hand. I only have 2, do not go crazy with this advice, I know a friend who carries 20 cards … heads, friends.
- If you leave work at 20.00 and go to the supermarket, surely you will go hungry … bad idea. You will catch the first thing that happens to you and you will dine sadly anything. Try shopping at the weekend or at a free ratil of the week.
- I know it is complicated, but if you have children, avoid going with them . It is a big mistake, marketing works better with them and they can fill the shopping cart with products that you do not need. Although there are adults more children than the children themselves, do not be capricious, I repeat, stick to the list.
- Buying online in some case is essential. You can get the same quality and price as on your trusted site. I buy flour, oil and citrus every month from suppliers that I do not know physically but with whom I have more contact than with my usual fishmonger.
- After the purchase, analyze and review what you have spent. There may be failures, we are all human. When you get home, place the purchase when before you start cooking.
If you have come this far and you have been left with any of these tips, congratulations! You will see how this post will really help you and I am delighted to collaborate, I am sure!
Did you like it? Share it!
Share Tweet Pin it To print
Receive a weekly email with new recipes and yummy recommendations.