- 120 minutes
- For 6 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 281kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a meat stew like my grandmother used to do . Once again, with today’s meat recipe , I am drawing on the most traditional and popular recipe book.
Today we have cooked stewed beef in the simplest and most classic style.
There are many ways to prepare good stewed meat , with or without marinade, with more or less aromatic herbs and more or less cooking time. Today’s is braised beef , which we make with minimal work.
In the blog we can find other stews and beef stews in which different parts of the animal are used.
Bourguignon beef stew , French style, red wine beef stew , with lid and veal stifle, the classic meat stew with tomato or the Galician stew Galician beef stew , or even a honey beef with veal sausage . They are all recipes where veal is the main ingredient that is cooked with time and love.
The veal stew that I bring you today will be one of those perfect dishes to cook at home for the whole family, both for our daily menu and for any special occasion.
It is a tasty and tender stew that I am sure everyone will like. I assure you that following the step by step of this recipe and the cooking tips you will have a perfect stew.
Preparation of the meat stew
- We start by cleaning the meat to remove traces of fat and skin. We chop it into cubes of about 2 or 3 cm, in more or less equal dice. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan and add the meat. We brown it until it is sealed on its entire surface. Always stirring and turning so that it cooks on all sides.
- Add the carrots cut into thin slices and the onion cut into cubes. We also add the garlic cloves and thyme. We continue to fry the vegetables and meat for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the white wine. We let it cook for a few minutes so that the wine evaporates its alcohol.
- Cover with water and cover the casserole. We cook at medium temperature for 1 hour. After this time, we uncover the casserole and continue cooking 45 minutes more.
- We serve the meat accompanied by some diced fried potatoes.
We will have a simple and super tasty dish, perfect to accompany with a good loaf of bread, so we can enjoy its wonderful sauce. A whole homemade beef stew, yummy.
It is a simple dish with a lot of flavor, yummy. You can see all the step by step photos of the recipe for this meat stew in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a yummy beef stew
- It is true that all these types of stews take time, and that it is necessary to treat them with care and without haste to achieve the desired result. But we can complicate ourselves in its initial process or not.
- Today’s stew is one of those in which the steps are minimal and the result of category.
- In addition to respecting cooking times, the key to getting a stew to our liking, is also in the chosen meat. On this occasion I have chosen the so-called veal needle . This piece is located next to the high back, between the two shoulders. It is an especially juicy part, ideal for stews and stews.
- A good stew requires hours of cooking and low heat. It is preferable to cook it in a traditional pot or casserole and if we opt for the express pot, we must bear in mind that not all ingredients have the same cooking point. My advice if you do not have that time is to prepare it first in the express pot and the final touch, give it in the traditional casserole.
- If you are going to prepare more and want to freeze, it is better to prepare this stew as is. When we take it out of the freezer to take the tupper to work for example, we prepare some white rice that will be pearlized. A perfect accompaniment to this stew.
- This stew goes a long way, since the sauce is delicious and you will surely take it by spreading bread on it. Like most casseroles, the dish improves from one day to the next, so this recipe has the convenience of being able to be prepared the day before. Also be great to take to work in a tupper , since with an overheated it will be the same or better than just made.