- 30 minutes
- For 6 people
- 3.5 € / person
- 295kcal per 100g.
How to make a round of beef with brandy .
Today I want to bring you a classic meat recipe within the repertoire of my childhood. It is a brandy round beef stew that my mother prepares very regularly at home.
This recipe is usually a dish that you make throughout the year. Although in many houses in Spain it is one of the Christmas recipes that is most prepared because it is very simple and can be done in advance.
The process for cooking this type of whole meat is usually long. But in reality it is a very easy dish, which consists only of sealing the meat everywhere and braising it with a good amount of brandy to flavor it.
On the blog you can also find another delicious option in the traditional style, this slow-cooked beef stew with all the time in the world.
My mother actually used to prepare it in the express pot, so I leave you both options, in the traditional way, with 2 long hours of cooking or the short version, using the fast pot, which will save us time maintaining a first-class result.
Actually this meat is cooked almost in its juice, I use only an onion and a few cloves of garlic as a touch of flavor, in addition to the wonderful aroma that the brandy gives it.
We do not need anything else to cook a wonderful round of beef with brandy , so we leave the meat and its flavor first, always accompanied by the touch of brandy.
As always to guarantee the success of this dish, the meat must be first class, and especially in this type of preparation where the meat has a leading role that is not masked.
Preparation of the round of veal
- We clean the meat of remains of fat that it may have. In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the round of veal.
- We brown the piece until it is well sealed everywhere.
- We must take our time for this operation, it is important that the meat is well browned to achieve a better result.
- Peel the onion and add it cut into 4 pieces. Peel the garlic and add it to the casserole whole. Add the brandy and let the alcohol evaporate for a few minutes before incorporating the water and salt.
- If we cook the round in a traditional casserole, we need it to cook for about 2 hours.
- We will turn the meat over once in a while so that it is done well everywhere. We wash with the sauce liquid from time to time.
- If we choose to use a fast pot, we wait for the two rings to be seen and we lower the temperature to medium-high heat. The equivalent of number 6 in an induction cooker.
Cooking of the round of veal and final presentation
- Let it cook for 25 minutes and turn off the heat. We wait for the valve to drop before opening the pan.
- We serve the round cut into thin slices accompanied by some diced fried potatoes and watered with the sauce that we have previously gone through a mash or Chinese. Another way would be to beat the sauce a little so that it is uniform.
- It is a dish that we can perfectly prepare from one day to the next. At the time of serving we slice it and heat it with the sauce.
It is a category dish, healthy, light and very easy to prepare. It is perfect for a family meal where we want to be like kings.
You can see all the photos of this brandy beef recipe in the step by step in the next album.