- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 0 / person
- 225kcal per 100g.
How to make sepia with garlic . I present you one of the most famous recipes with fish from the tapas bars in Spain.
One of those tapas that triumphs and rivals the Patatas Bravas , the anchovies in vinegar , the prawns in garlic or the kidneys in Jerez … each tapa has its bar or restaurant where they embroider it.
Perhaps one of the simplest dishes in our recipe book, although each maestro has his booklet. What I assure you is that with the steps of this recipe it will be even better than in your favorite bar.
Remember that the quality of cuttlefish is key to the success of this dish. Try to choose a cuttlefish or sweet choco and not too big. It is a dish that takes little cooking and is prepared on the spot, which will also not complicate your life in the kitchen.
Cuttlefish or garlic sauce in one of the most famous dishes in the tapas bars of Huelva and Cádiz.
It even serves as a base for other recipes as an accompaniment to some pasta or white rice. The trick to make it delicious is to leave the plate soft and you will see in the step by step that it is very easy to achieve.
In just 5 minutes you will have a golden cuttlefish, tender and juicy. A recipe that does not need great accompaniments, ideal for a lunch or dinner in which we are a little short of time. The only accompaniment that I recommend is a good homemade aioli and the desire to eat delicious.
Preparation of cuttlefish with garlic
- Peel the garlic cloves, wash the parsley and dry it. We start with the crushed mortar putting a pinch of salt with the garlic, we shake it until it is like a paste.
- Add the previously chopped parsley leaves (we will leave a few to decorate at the end).
- It would only be necessary to add the extra virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons) and the 30 ml. of white wine. We mix everything very well and reserve. We have to make a pretty fine mash, although you can use the mixer but the result in mortar is more homemade.
- Cut the cuttlefish into squares more or less about 3-4 cm. We wash and dry it very well with kitchen paper, it should not have water so that it does not jump on the iron, although it will release part of its juice when cooking it. We reserve.
- Put the griddle or a large frying pan on the fire, start at the minimum and heat. Once it is very hot (one of the fundamental tips of this recipe). We put a tablespoon of olive oil on the griddle or frying pan and put the heat on top.
- Add the cuttlefish and remove it for one minute only. We remove it to a plate with kitchen paper and that releases all the liquid, we want it dry.
- We clean the griddle or frying pan since the water that released the cuttlefish will have evaporated and there will be traces left. Pour another tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and add the cane to the fire again.
- Add the cuttlefish, season and brown over high heat for 2 more minutes.
- We added the content of the mortar that we had reserved. We brown a few seconds, at most 1 minute more.
- We turn off and serve warm with a little more parsley on top. Accompany this cover with a little mayonnaise or aioli, it will be luxurious.
Tips for a fluffy cuttlefish
- In order for us to stay in their golden, tender and tasty point, an iron with a strong temperature is required to make it very fast. If we spend time it will be hard and if we do it at low temperature it will be cooked.
- Respect the times and step by step of the recipe and it will be perfect. It is very important that you do not go over the indicated times, if time passes, it can be hard and rubbery.
- It is an appetizer that has hardly any calories and that makes it a delicious delicacy. Controlling the amount of olive oil you will even have a healthy, almost diet plate. They are 225 calories per 100 grams.
- We can prepare the whole cuttlefish grilled like in some restaurants. You will have to make some cuts on the edges so that it does not roll when doing it on the plate.
- The last tip is to use homemade flavored olive oils, you will give that special touch to your cuttlefish. If you want to make homemade aioli, you have it on the blog.