- 80 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make marbled banana cake.
If we have some ripe bananas at home , this banana cake is about to get bad, it is a great option to take advantage of them.
If we also divide the dough of this dessert so that it has 2 colors and a marbled effect , we will have a very tasty snack.
The biscuits we love because they are very easy to do, go right, endure several days without drying and can add or change ingredients to our taste.
This also gives a good energy contribution and the banana is delicious when cooked, especially combined with cocoa . A version of our classic already on the blog, banana bread .
When carrying mashed bananas we will have to bake it for a longer time so that the dough rises, but the result is a spongy sponge cake with moist crumb and very tasty.
Base cream of the marbled banana cake
- We preheat the oven to 180º with heat up and down.
- In a bowl we mix the flour, the cinnamon and the bicarbonate. We reserve.
- Crush 3 of the 4 bananas with a fork or with a kitchen robot if we want it to be finer.
- We mix the banana puree with the sugar and the vanilla essence.
- Melt the butter for a few seconds in the microwave and add it to the banana-sugar mixture.
- We also add the yogurt and the beaten eggs. We mix very well with a manual rod.
- We add the flour mixture that we had reserved little by little and mix until it is well integrated. Now that we have the dough made, we separate part of it in another bowl.
- We add cocoa powder to that second mixture and mix very well.
Before baking. Mold
- We line an elongated mold with baking paper or we grease a removable elongated mold.
- We alternate the two mixtures in the mold, forming layers or irregular drawings.
- We cut the remaining banana in two lengthwise.
- We put the two halves of the banana on top of the mold and press to sink them a little.
Baking and final presentation of the marbled banana cake
- Bake the cake in the oven at 180º C for 55-60 minutes. As I mentioned in some other recipe, everything depends on the oven, always look with a fork that stays dry.
- The last 10 minutes cover the bread with a piece of aluminum foil. This way we will ensure that it does not get too roasted.
- To check if it is done we prick with a knife and if it comes out clean it is ready.
- We remove from the oven and let cool. We unmold carefully and try it.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the marbled banana cake recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a perfect marbled banana cake
- It is essential that the bananas are very ripe, it is the only secret to make it perfect.
- We should not open the oven to see how it goes until the cake has been in the oven for at least 40 minutes.
- If we use white sugar the color difference will be more evident.
- If in addition to crushed banana we add some chopped walnuts in the dough it will be delicious.
- Another advantage of this breakfast or snack dessert is that it lasts for several days. It is thanks to the texture that the banana gives it that makes it look like it is freshly made.
- For this cake we have used a removable rectangular cake-type mold (in this case silicone) of 24.1 cm x 14.2 x 7.6 cm but you can use the one you like best. The circular molds are also worth.