- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.7 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a Banana Bread or Banana Bread .
Today I’m going to talk about one of the most famous dessert recipes in American cuisine.
As if it were Hollywood, American cuisine ranges from the famous hamburger to the musical ” brownie “.
Cakes and desserts like the red velvet , the cake carrot , the cake tempting meat and of course , the “Banana nut bread” or banana bread. This is perhaps the easiest to prepare, you also have a version of a marbled banana cake with cocoa on the blog.
The mix of a quick bread with banana has a lot to do with the famous recipes of harvesting , this sweet bread has always been a delicious way to take the old ones that remain in the fruit bowl and turn them into something edible, so all that money is so hard earned does not go down the drain.
This banana bread magnifies the incredible flavor of the banana or plantain. A sweet bread very simple to prepare and with cheap ingredients. The result, simply spectacular.
Preparation of the Banana Bread or Banana Bread
- We grease a cake mold, I have chosen as you see in the photo one of cake.
- A removable rectangular cake type mold (in this case silicone) of 24.1 cm x 14.2 x 7.6 cm but you can use the one you like best. The circular molds are also worth.
- Spread with butter and sprinkle with a little flour.
- Put the bananas (which are very ripe), the sugar and the milk in a bowl.
- Crush with a fork until there is a light puree but in which the banana pieces are noticeable.
- This puree is the one that will give the bread that delicious touch, with a slight sweetness but not too much.
Preparation of the banana sponge cake
- We sift the flour to avoid small impurities.
- Add the baking soda (baking powder or chemical yeast if you don’t have it at home) and salt to the bowl.
- We remove bringing these ingredients together.
- Mix the butter in the ointment (at room temperature) and the vanilla essence until it is creamy.
- Then we incorporate the eggs one by one. We add everything to the previous mixture, we beat it well until there is a soft sponge cake cream.
- Once we have the base cream comes the most important step. We mix with the crushed banana pieces that we will distribute with a fork through the cream, so that its pieces are visible.
Baking and final presentation of banana bread
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and introduce the chopped walnuts.
- The walnut-banana combination is unsurpassed, although you can also use other nuts that you have on hand. It all depends on your creativity.
- Bake the cake in the oven preheated to 180º C for 40-45 minutes.
- As I mentioned in some other recipe, everything depends on the oven, always look with a fork that stays dry.
- The last 10 minutes cover the bread with a piece of aluminum foil. This way we will ensure that it does not get too roasted.
- We remove from the oven and let cool. We unmold carefully and try it.
You can see all the step by step photos of the banana bread recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a perfect banana bread
- The milk was not in the original recipe but it gives the cake a creamier touch. You can remove it from the recipe if you wish, it comes out quite similar.
- Another advantage of this breakfast or snack dessert is that it lasts for several days. It is thanks to the texture that the banana gives it that makes it look like it is freshly made.
The origin and curiosities of the Banana Bread
- The origin of this famous sweet in the US is uncertain. The preparation of banana bread became popular in the USA with the discovery of the chemical leavening, which produced carbon dioxide gas in the masses.
- The first tests with leavening in the kitchen are documented in Amelia Simmons’ 1796 book, “American Cookery,” although baking powder was not commercially developed until 1857.
- So banana bread as we know it (a quick bread) could have been first made in the U.S. in the 18th century when housewives discovered chemical yeast or baking powder as a chemical fermentation agent for their breads.
- The Banana Bread or banana bread appears in a text in 1933 in ” The Pillsbury Cookbook ” already in a more general way in his kitchen.
- The simplicity of this recipe led to it being one of the favorite biscuits in American homes and then spreading to the rest of the world.