- 30 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 402kcal per 100g.
How to make a donut-flavored cake Who doesn’t love cakes? The recipe sweet today might not be the most appetizing. Combine classic cheesecakes with added flavor to donuts .
Memories of a bun that has been accompanying us at home since our earliest childhood and its characteristic flavor. At school at 10 at recess in a small office within the Marists we stood in line to buy the morning donut for 5 pesetas … what time those. Then to burn it hitting the ball.
Whether you buy them made or, even better, you decide to make them at home, donuts or saloons as they are called around here are always a success to finish a snack or a full breakfast with a sweet and fluffy touch.
Now imagine that I tell you that with very little effort and with the simplest ingredients it is possible to bring all the flavor of donuts to a cake. A perfect cake for a birthday that will delight young and old … Well yes.
A donut cake that preserves all its essence and combines it with a completely different texture that will not leave anyone indifferent. Another way to enjoy one of our favorite sweets.
Preparation of the base of the donut cake
- First of all we prepare the base that will hold the cake, for this we separate 3 donuts and the 8 sobaos, we break them into medium pieces. We put them in a glass grinder or a kitchen robot and we chop it until it looks like flour and almost no lumps.
- We take a circular mold and cover the base with baking paper, close it and cut the excess paper with scissors.
- With the help of a spoon, spread out the chopped donuts and sobaos and press until all the gaps are filled.
- It should be ensured that this layer is regular and consistent enough. So that later you can with the weight of everything that will go above when cutting the portions.
Preparation of the donut cake filling
- Let’s go for the filling: we take 6 donuts, chop them using the chopper again and reserve them. Here we can make it more or less fine depending on whether we want to notice the texture of the donuts when eating the cake. We did not completely do to surprise with small pieces inside the filling.
- We put a medium or large casserole on the fire. While we are mixing with some rods we add the cream, the milk, the 125 grams of white sugar, the two envelopes of powdered curd and the cheese to spread.
- We continue mixing without stopping with the medium or high heat (around 6 or 7 out of 10).
- When the mixture is uniform, add the 6 chopped donuts. We keep mixing until it starts to boil
- Just at the moment when the first bubbles begin to appear, remove the pan from the heat and pour the mixture on the base that covers the bottom of the mold.
- So there are no air bubbles and settles well. Slightly raise the mold and gently tap it a couple of times on the counter. Be careful that you make it completely flat.
- If there are higher parts of the filling in the center, we go over the entire surface with the outside of a spoon to smooth it out.
- We cover the mold with transparent film and put it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3-4 hours. If you prefer, you can let it sit overnight as we have.
Coverage and final presentation of the donut cake
- To make the coverage, we break the digestive type cookies and cut the remaining saloon into medium pieces.
- We put everything in the glass of the grinder together with the brown sugar, the teaspoon of cinnamon and the melted butter (about 30 seconds are enough in the microwave).
- Chop until it becomes a uniform paste.
- Take the mold out of the fridge, carefully spread the coverage over the filling. We make sure to cover the entire surface to the edge.
- We remove carefully and ready. We already have a delicious cake with all the flavor of donuts of a lifetime.
I encourage you to try doing it at home. You can see all the step by step photos of the donut cake in this album.
Tips for a yummy donut cake
- This tart is ideal to surprise children during dessert, but also for older people to return to their childhood through a flavor that they will immediately recognize.
- It does not take long to prepare, although it needs rest. About 3o minutes of preparation and at least a minimum of 3-4 hours for the curd to take effect.
- Remember to keep it in the refrigerator while it is not finished (better cover so that it does not acquire other flavors). Anyway, I’m sure that once you put it on the table it won’t take long to finish. Who could resist such a taste?