- Very easy
- 15 minutes
- For 10 people
- € 0.3 / person
Today I present a recipe of which you must try yes or yes, chocolate cookies, banana, blueberries and walnuts . This weekend has been one of those terribly cold and soulless in which you want to see a movie on the sofa with some good cookies. Lately I am preparing many types and I have mastered them, on a basis that I use for all the recipes I add what I like the most. I still have many to upload but today I have taken a few to work and they have asked me for this particular recipe, so here you have it. I hope you like it.
The history of the biscuit is curious, it was called in this way a type of flat bread and long preservation that was made for ship crews and groups of soldiers. The current cookies have evolved a lot since then and now we can find all kinds: with chocolate and fruit like today, oats, cereals, rice … In the end a cookie is simply a food with very little moisture, made with flour, rich in fat and sugar, high energy content and that you can decorate as you like. The result is fantastic, I encourage you to prepare them and dip them in a large glass of cold milk.
Preparation of chocolate for cookies
In this case it had no butter and I have used olive oil. And the truth is that they have been very rich.
- To melt it, we use 150 g of chocolate and 50 ml of olive oil. You can choose the chocolate that you like the most: white, black or milk. In this case I have used 50% dark chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate with the oil in the micro at low temperature for 2 minutes. We remove it from the micro and with a rod or a fork we remove until we have a dark chocolate cream. Another option is to melt it in a water bath, in which case you can control the chocolate much better by stirring while it melts. Although the process is more cumbersome and slow.
Preparation of the chocolate and banana cookies
- The first thing of all is to preheat the oven to about 200º, it is important because the dough is very easy and fast and as we have everything mixed it goes directly to the oven.
- Add in a large bowl the eggs, milk, a tablespoon of liquid vanilla essence, a pinch of salt and sugar. We mix everything very well with the mixer, it should be a cream with a little foam.
- Add the oil and the chocolate cream to the mixture, beat again. Add the flour and Cola Cao (or similar cocoa powder) and baking powder. We beat everything again until there is a puree type mixture.
- Peel the 2 bananas and mash them with the fork, there have to be pieces of banana, it is not necessary to puree them. When we eat the cookie we will distinguish the banana pieces that are impressive with the chocolate flavor.
- In a saucepan with hot water, hydrate the blueberry pieces for about 5 minutes. I have bought them at Mercadona, they come dehydrated and you can use them for almost any sweet. The brand is Casa Pons to make it easier for you to find it.
- We break the nuts into small pieces with the help of a knife or by hand. We reserve.
- Once the dough is ready, we introduce the walnuts, the pieces of blueberries already hydrated, a handful of Special K and the crushed banana.
- We mix everything very well with a fork and we already have the cookie dough. Try it, it’s delicious.
- We prepare the oven tray with vegetable paper or sulfurized. And with a spoon, since the dough is quite sticky, we are making small portions or balls that we deposit in the tray (with enough space so that when they are made they do not stick to each other, about 3 cm are enough). 12 cookies per batch came out of my cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 190º in the middle tray with air up and down. As I told you everything depends on the oven of each one, in some it will be 14 minutes in others 18. It looks perfectly when they are ready because they are taking dark chocolate color. 3 batches of 12 come out, about 36 cookies.
- Take out of the oven, remove from the mold and let them harden and cool. It will not be that you burn your tongue. We keep in an airtight container so that they do not soften and are vice, to repeat.
Many times you comment 2 fairly common questions by email, I leave you the answer:
- What is vanilla essence and where to find it?
The essence or extract of vanilla, as its name indicates, is a concentrate – used to flavor foods and beverages – obtained from the vanilla bean (genus of orchids that produces a fruit from which this flavoring is obtained after a simple maceration process). You can find it liquid or solid. The one I normally use in my recipes is the liquid essence of the Vahiné brand, 200 ml: “Vanilla flavor for food products”. You can find it at Carrefour, El Corte Inglés, Caprabo-Erosky, Alcampo, Mercadona … It is usually in the products section to prepare powdered desserts for custard, jellies, cakes, etc.
- What is kitchen parchment paper or parchment paper? Where to find it?
Baking paper is a very practical product for kitchen use, both for preserving food and for baking. It is chemically treated so that it resists high temperatures (up to 220º C), is resistant to humidity and impermeable to fats, it does not disintegrate even in boiling water. It can be found on any large surface or supermarket. In specialty confectionery stores and even in Chinese stores (I bought the last one in one of them under my house). And it will save you from a lot of trouble when unmolding a cake or your favorite cookies.