- 1 cup onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 tbsp. of oil
- 1 cup raw peas
- 600 g of ground beef
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. eel sauce
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 4 leafless lettuce hearts
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a large skillet with the oil. When they begin to brown add the peas and the meat; fry until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, blend the soy sauce with the eel, ginger, sesame oil, chili and sugar. Add to the meat and boil a few minutes; salt pepper.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with the lettuce leaves.
Don’t suffer with the New Year’s diet! Enjoy your favorite food without so much sacrifice and prepare these lettuce tacos with ground meat and oriental sauce that will taste simply delicious!
HOW TO CLEAN LETTUCE
There are times when, due to haste, when preparing a fresh salad with some type of lettuce, spinach, cabbage. etc., they are not treated properly. Next time, spend a little more time and put this into practice:
- Discard the wilted leaves and cut off the brittle tips.
- Separate the lettuce ones, and wash them one by one.
- Handle the leaves gently so they don’t spoil.
Regardless of which ones you use, always disinfect them, remember that irrigation water is not reliable; also, some such as spinach, purslane and chard usually bring a lot of soil.
- Drain them well and dry, if you are not going to use them, store them in a plastic bag in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator.
- As part of a salad, you shouldn’t chop the lettuce, but rather cut it into pieces with your fingers.
- Defleam the cabbage by immersing it in plenty of salted water, at least one hour; rinse with boiled water and drain.
Tip : If you have a vinaigrette, season the salad when serving, otherwise the leaves will wilt.
So that you do not stay with the craving, we have prepared more LETTUCE TACO RECIPES, as delicious as these lettuce tacos with ground beef and oriental sauce. Discover them in EASY COOK and let yourself be conquered by its flavor