- 4 medium potatoes cooked
- 2 tbsp. Of olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced into small cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 400 g of ground beef
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped tomato
- 1 small carrot chopped into small cubes
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Grated cheese for gratin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the potatoes with a fork, make vertical cuts without reaching the end of the potato so that it is united. Drizzle in some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 200 ° C for 30 minutes.
- On the other hand, heat a frying pan and add a little olive oil, then the onion and garlic and wait for them to take a golden color. Add the meat and cook until fully cooked.
- Add the tomato, carrot and peas, lower the heat and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until the tomato and vegetables are cooked. Rectify the seasoning. 4. Remove the potatoes from the oven and place a toothpick horizontally to retain their shape. Put picadillo and cheese on top. Return to the oven until the cheese is gratinated.
- Serve hot.
Is the weekend approaching and you still don’t know how to pamper your family’s palate? Do not look any further! These ground beef and potato flags are perfect for you to make at home. Get to know our original recipe!
POTATO FLAGS: TIPS TO MAKE GROUND BEEF TASTE BETTER
- Thaw the meat preferably submerged in cold water or in the microwave. This will prevent the breakdown of the freezing process and the increase of germs.
- After defrosting, try to let it sit for 1 hour before washing or marinating .
- Try to wash the meat, not only for hygiene (which is extremely important to avoid various diseases), it will also serve to prevent the meat from being dry. Use a strainer for the ground beef.
- The ground beef also can marinate to improve its taste. Let it sit overnight before preparing. Use a mixture of garlic, celery, grated ginger, and a glass of olive oil.
- If you like, you can add a little breadcrumbs to it, which will help make the kneading easier, give it a better texture and a great flavor.
- You can grind the meat at home with the help of a food processor, and mixing it with a little butter, salt and pepper. This will help make it juicier.