- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
If you like lemon tart , this recipe will delight you, one of my favorite desserts, lemon squares or lemon bars .
Its texture and the perfect combination of sweet and acid are a treat for the palate.
Desserts are delights that everyone expects in any celebration, in my case, I can’t imagine finishing a meal without a sweet little whim.
In today’s dessert, a soft dough at the base and a delicious lemon cream on top, not very sweet, not very acidic.
A fantastic Anglo-Saxon recipe for breakfast or a snack. This lemon dessert is called ” Lemon bars “, the term bars is that it distinguishes the ” Dessert bars ” or bar desserts, those that are exposed in most American pastries and restaurants.
A mixture between biscuit and sponge cake, with a smaller size, easy to eat and that is usually cut into squares or rectangles. The origins of this type of dessert seem to be traced back to the 1930s, when chefs began baking more cookies on large flat trays.
The inspiration was probably the chocolate brownie , another popular dessert that usually comes in the form of a square slice.
As for the history of the lemon square, it is clear that it is not an easy combination of flavors, in fact, it was invented by a team of confectioners from the company ” Betty Crocker Inc ” in 1963. This company is a benchmark in food in USA and its fame began 1924, through the first gastronomic program made on the radio “Betty Crocker Cooking School of the Air” , a success among housewives of that time. You see, a whole R&D team to make this lemon dessert sweet, strong and with a spicy touch.
When it is well done, the lemon squares can perfectly split the base cake and should be topped with a lemon curd or lemon curd , very similar to custard and decorated with a little bit of powdered sugar.
Raise this popular dessert to high-end, yummy levels. Have I convinced you? Well, to the kitchen, you cook.
Preparation of the base of the cupcakes
- We are going to preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Next we grease our mold and cover it with waxed paper.
- The ends should protrude so that it is easier for us to unmold at the end.
- In a container we are going to mix 125 g. butter and 75 g. of extra fine sugar. We beat it until it is frothy and acquires a pale color.
- To this mixture, we add, with a metal spoon, 155 g. flour sifted (passed through the strainer)
- With clean hands, we finish mixing the ingredients.
- Press the dough on the tray and put it in the oven for 20 minutes or until it turns golden and is consistent to the touch.
- Let it cool and reserve.
Preparation of coverage and final presentation
- Mix the 4 eggs and 250 g. of extra fine sugar with the mixer, until it has a light and frothy appearance.
- We add 60 ml. of lemon juice and a teaspoon of lemon zest.
- We will sift the flour and yeast together. Then we add them, little by little, to the previous mixture, stirring with a spoon.
- We will pour on the basis that we have prepared.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until it becomes consistent. Let it cool and sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate.
- You can put a few mint leaves on top or some raspberries on each square.
You can take them hot or cold, but as best this is lukewarm, a few minutes after resting the dessert. I am sure you will love it, delicious.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the lemon squares recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and you will get some cupcakes that will succeed between adults and children at home.
Tips for a few squishy lemon squares
- Today’s dessert combines a delicate base of butter, sugar and flour. You will see that it is very easy to prepare.
- Above, the lemon and sugar mixture, among other ingredients, will give it a super special touch. For its preparation I have prepared a tray of 20 x 30, approximately, but you can use any mold you have at home.
- If your molds are round, then you change the name for lemon triangles and that’s it, because the important thing is to enjoy this delicacy, whatever its shape.