- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 340kcal per 100g.
How to make a banana and chocolate brownie .
When we long for a dessert in which chocolate is a totally indecent pleasure, I can think of several … but one of them takes all the ballots, the brownie .
This time I present you some different brownies that I prepared for a party with some friends, it goes without saying that not even crumbs were left over.
These cakes are very moist, somewhat fluffy and with an intense chocolate and banana flavor, different from the traditional ones.
For me the chocolate-banana combination is unsurpassed, the mixture gives us a dessert that excites everyone, with a perfect texture, less dry than the traditional brownie , more compact and creamy, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside thanks to the banana (which it also gives it a special aroma).
It is a perfect dessert for the very very chocolate makers with a touch of fruit. Banana and chocolate match perfectly but I suppose you could experiment with other fruits, surely next time I will try strawberries or figs.
The previous brownies that I have proposed to you were combinations of the classic base with fun variations: with Maria cookies and lacasitos , with orange and the last one with a combination of nuts and coffee .
As in the previous ones, in this one I have respected the original dough recipe, are you up for it?
Preparing the banana brownie base
- The first thing is to prepare the container where we are going to cook them. For the volume of ingredients that I indicate you I had to use two containers, we will get about 20 individual servings (generous).
- Come on, so that everyone can repeat … and I assure you that even so there is nothing left over.
- I recommend molds of 23 cm that are removable so that you do not have any problem at the end of the process, if they are not, use vegetable or oven paper. The larger the container, the finer the portions will come out.
- We choose our favorite chocolate and cut it with a knife or grate it with the help of the mincer.
- Put the liquid cream in a saucepan and heat without boiling.
- Add the chocolate (grated or in small pieces) to the cream and stir with the help of a rod until they are completely mixed, this process will take about 5 minutes at low temperature, at 2-3 of 10 points of the temperature of our kitchen.
- Remove from the heat and just put the mixture together with a rod until there is a chocolate cream, there should be no lumps.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until a frothy cream remains. We add the bicarbonate.
- Melt the butter in the micro at low temperature two minutes.
Final cream mixed with the banana
- We preheat the oven to 200º C.
- We sift the flour with a strainer and add together with the melted butter to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Mix well until you get a smooth paste or cream. We also pour the chocolate cream and mix well with the mixer.
- Once we have the base cream comes the most important step, we peel the very ripe bananas.
- We break them and crush them on a plate with a fork until we get a kind of puree where the banana pieces are visible.
- We add this puree to the previous cream and put together with a fork, do not pass the mixer because otherwise we will not find those pieces of banana for the brownie.
- Pour the chocolate-banana cream mixture into the chosen molds. I have helped myself with a silicone palette to take advantage of all the cream and that there is nothing left in the bowl.
Baking and final presentation of the banana brownie
- We sprinkle the chopped nuts on the molds, in this case I have not added simply because it did not have but next time I will put some nuts.
- We cook the brownie in the oven at 180º C in the intermediate part for 45 minutes. As I mentioned in some other recipe, it all depends on the oven, always look with a fork that when pricked comes out dry.
- When it has been 20 minutes, cover with a little aluminum foil so that the surface does not burn and the crust is perfect and crisp.
- In my oven the preparation time is exactly 45 minutes plus about 5 minutes of rest but in my mother’s with 30-35 minutes are enough.
- We let it cool on the tray and when it is cold, remove from the mold and cut it into equal pieces.
For the most demanding chocolate and banana palates. I hope you like it and dare to prepare it.
This dessert is perfect to prepare at home with the little ones. Ideal for a special birthday or party. Do not miss the step by step of this chocolate and banana brownie in the next album.
Tips for a Stumpy Banana Brownie
- You can present it on a plate with a little vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup or hot chocolate. Of yummy, I assure you.
- The bananas must be very ripe, almost black (when it seems that they should be thrown away. It is when they are the sweetest and most perfect point for this type of dessert, I assure you. Perfect for this dessert or for a banana bread .
- It is optional but the dried fruits are great, in this case we have put nuts, but you can add those that you like the most at home. Almost everyone goes well with chocolate.
- When you go to bake you should not spend on the subject of time because you will get some dry cakes that no one can eat. I always recommend testing with your oven. I do not want you to prepare this dessert for a birthday and then it does not go well. The oven in each house is different and you know it better than anyone.
- It is advisable to do it overnight, so when we eat it, it will have cooled and rested. It will be really delicious and thanks to the banana it will be juicy and tasty for several days.