- Very easy
- 5 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 7.6 € / person
- 190kcal per 100g.
How to make grilled scallops .
In many of my recipes I always end up saying: “The ingredient is king, if you use quality ingredients the recipe will get you ten points . ”
I reaffirm this recipe with a simple preparation where if we invest in quality we will have an impressive flavor as a reward.
From my point of view, the scallops are one of the best seafood Galicia has, I have already prepared a recipe with them but I have almost always made traditional dishes where the ingredient is covered, such as in the famous empanada of this delicacy .
In today’s recipe I want to elevate this ingredient to a higher level, to the glory of your tasting if possible. Its sweet taste, like most of the seafood made at its point, is on par with scallops (another of my favorite seafood) or some mussels .
The best thing is that to make this dish you don’t need to know how to cook, you don’t have to complicate your life much. An exact cooking point and a little good dressing with extra virgin olive oil.
You will leave your guests freaking out when you bring this dish to the table, a recipe worthy of the best gourmet. And remember, put a piece of Galicia on your table, you will not regret it.
Cleaning the scallops
- If we use frozen scallops they usually come out open and clean. Although it is good to see if they have some sand just in case. I know that many of you are not in Galicia and it is more difficult for you to find fresh seafood.
- So that sand doesn’t spoil such a delicious bite. Thaw the scallops in the fridge the night before and leave them in cold water for an hour.
- If you get fresh scallops, it is essential to remove the sand that they usually bring so that it is not bothersome and does not spoil the recipe.
- It should be kept about two hours before cooking in a saucepan or large plastic container.
- We must add cold water, a good handful of coarse salt and change the water three times.
- We remove the scallops with the help of a good knife, we drag the whole scallop until the interior is clean.
- We reserve all the scallops on a plate and clean with the knife the shell of the shell in case it had any remains stuck to its surface.
- We have to wash the shells very well because we are going to put them in our mouths. I usually wash them in the dishwasher, with a short program they are perfect.
- Also after eating the scallops I do not throw the shells because I use them for other recipes.
Preparation of grilled scallops
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves, they have to be very minced. We mix them with a little salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- We beat with the electric mixer until obtaining a homogeneous sauce. We wash and drain the parsley, when we have it dry we chop very fine and reserve.
- We heat the iron to high temperature. Add a few drops of oil right where we are going to put the scallop with the meat touching the hot griddle.
- We soak the scallops by dipping them in the dressing and put them on the griddle, round and round for a minute.
- We place each scallop in its shell. We distribute a teaspoon of sauce in each one, add a little Maldon flake salt.
- Finally we sprinkle with the chopped parsley. We serve immediately.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.