- 50 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to make lemon cookies from Aliter or lemongrass
One of the products that works best in pastry (well, also in salty cuisine) is lemon.
That acidic and refreshing touch that brings to sweet recipes is almost addictive, as are the Aliter lemon biscuits . Very high flavor thanks to the triple addition of lemon and juicy juices. To eat one, two and three in a row.
Aliter’s recipe for lemon biscuits reminds us a lot of the original by Pierre Hermé , both slow-dead.
And the desserts with lemon triumph in the blog, from the famous cream lemon curd to cuadraditos lemon with a similar sweet taste today. Many of you have prepared the Lemon Pie or followed our advice to fill in a surprising gypsy arm . You are fans of lemon, you have to admit it.
This sweet is a lemon sponge cake dough that is baked and hot soaked in lemon syrup to enhance flavor and juiciness. Finally it is finished with a layer of lemon icing. As you can see, they are some triple lemon biscuits.
Our recipe presents variations with respect to the two mentioned. We have reduced the amount of butter, to make them a little healthier, and also that of sugar because we really like the acidity of the lemon and we look for a more pronounced flavor.
To prepare them we have used a baking tray with cavities, those that are specific for cupcakes.
It is not necessary to have paper capsules in which to deposit the mass, it can be poured directly into the cavities of the tray as long as we have greased them well previously.
Alternatively we can make our own capsules with squares of baking paper.
Preparation of the lemon biscuits
- We begin by sifting the flour with the yeast with a fine strainer.
- This way we avoid having lumps in the dough and incorporate air. Something that will come in handy in the oven and with which the dough will rise more, being fluffier.
- In a deep and wide container (we are going to use it to make the whole dough) we mix the butter, which has to be ready to make ointment (that is, very soft), with the sugar.
- We work with a fork, gently, so that the sugar does not shoot out. Then we use electric rods and beat until whitened.
- Once both ingredients are well integrated, add the eggs and the lemon zest.
- We continue beating with the electric rods until they are well integrated and we have obtained a homogeneous mass.
- Next we add the sifted flour and yeast. Better in batches and stirring with a silicone tongue between them, gently and with enveloping movements.
Baking the lemon cakes
- When all the ingredients are well mixed, fill the molds 3/4 parts.
- This in case of using capsules, which is optional. In case of not using them, we must grease the cavities of a cupcake tray well before filling with the dough.
- We cook in the oven, preheated to 180º C for 25 minutes. You already know that each oven is a world and that you may need to adjust the temperature, time and / or the placement of the tray.
- Placing it in the middle works for us, but we have had ovens in which this type of preparation was best baked in the lower half.
Preparation of the syrup to get drunk the biscuits
- While the biscuits are baking in the oven we prepare the syrup. To do this, pour the lemon juice in a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. We withdraw and reserve.
- Once the biscuits are ready, we remove them from the oven and let them temper for a few minutes.
- When they are lukewarm we water them with the syrup or, in case we have not used paper capsules, we dip them in it. We let drain on a metal grid.
Preparation of the lemon glaze and final presentation
- To enhance the lemon flavor we prepare a glaze mixing the icing sugar with the lemon juice.
- We pour it on the biscuits when they are still warm.
- We store in an airtight container and let them sweat slightly for a few hours before consuming. Better to prepare overnight.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the recipe for lemon cakes in this album. Do not miss any detail and you will get some biscuits that will succeed between adults and children at home.
Tips for the perfect Aliter lemon cupcakes
- All the cakes are juicier if we let them cool in a plastic bag or an airtight container. They generate their own steam and the result is magnificent. This is the technique that we have used with this recipe, but you can do without it in case you are in a hurry.
- You can adjust the amounts of sugar and lemon in the dough, syrup and glaze until you find the formula of your choice. Surely those with a sweet tooth will want to use more sugar.
- A trick to improve the flavor, texture and presentation is to reserve some syrup and fill it with pipettes. They are precious stuck in the biscuits and provide an extra point of moisture.