- 20 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 320kcal per 100g.
How to make nougat flan without oven.
Christmas comes and we surround ourselves with nougats. Soft nougat, hard nougat, chocolate , coconut, yolk nougat … nougats, well, in general.
If you are one of those who love nougat and you are looking forward to the Christmas dates to enjoy this sweet of ours, this nougat flan without oven is your dessert.
The recipe couldn’t be easier and faster and it brings all the flavor of Christmas! It is a great way to put the finishing touch to any of the Christmas meals or dinners without messing up.
The best thing is that we do not need to turn on the oven, so we can dedicate it to traditional roasts .
Its texture is creamy and its flavor is a mixture between that of the whole-life egg custard and the creamy and incredible of the Jijona almond nougat .
The process could not be easier, it is about combining all the ingredients and cooking on the fire for a few minutes. To avoid using an oven, we have used an envelope of powdered curd that does all the hard work. The rest is a matter of waiting for it to set, unmold and enjoy!
You can not stop preparing this wonder of dessert , easy and very successful, all a delicious dessert.
Preparation of nougat flan without oven
- We start preparing the molds in which we are going to curd the flan, because we have chosen to make them individual in small flannels for a more “party and celebration” presentation.
- If you do not have these molds, you can use a large flan and portion each on the table their portion.
- We cover the base and walls of each flanera with liquid caramel . To save time and because we had a jar in the pantry, we have thrown in caramel ready to use, although you can make your own homemade caramel.
- It is very simple and for this you only need to heat 5-6 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of water and a splash of lemon in a saucepan. On low heat, so that it does not burn, and without moving. Ready to use as soon as it is golden.
- After covering the flannels with caramel, dissolve the curd in a little milk, stirring until there are no lumps.
- With a knife, cut the nougat into small pieces or crumble it with your fingers. The smaller the pieces, the better.
- We introduce the pieces of nougat in a deep container and add the milk, the cream, the mixture of milk and the previous curd and the sugar.
- We crush with an arm mixer until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- We transfer the mixture to a saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring so that it does not cling to the base and we get a smooth and lump-free cream.
Presentation of the nougat flans
- After a few minutes, the mixture will begin to boil. At that time we turn off the heat, remove the saucepan and fill the flannels with the mixture, dropping it on a teaspoon so that the caramel does not move to the sides.
- Let cool before putting the flaneras in the fridge and wait an hour (minimum) for them to set.
- When the custards are very firm, remove from the mold and decorate to taste with red berries, chopped roasted almonds, more caramel, etc.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for nougat flan without oven . Do not miss any detail so that they come out of you delicious.
Tips for a perfect nougat flan without oven
- In order for the curd to harden and acquire a custard texture, it is essential that the mixture reaches the boiling point. If this does not happen we will get an equally delicious dessert, but with a consistency of cream.
- We can serve the custards directly in the molds, especially if we use ceramic ramekin-type containers that are more presentable to take to the table than stainless steel ones.
- These nougat flans hold up very well in the fridge, so they can be prepared in advance and avoid the rush and stress the day they want to serve as a dessert.
- Made of stainless steel.
- Traditional tapered design. Shiny silver finish.
- Measurements: Diameter 8 cm – Height 5 cm – Bottom diameter: 5 cm.
- Set of 12 individual flaneras.
- Quality guarantee.
Last update on 2020-05-19 / Affiliate Links / API Images for Affiliates