- 4 pita bread
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of spinach cut into strips
- 1/4 of a cup of chopped green olives
- 200 g Oaxaca cheese, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix the onion, tomato, spinach, olives and cheese
- Heat the loaves on a comal over very low heat; Without removing them, distribute the spinach preparation among them and bathe them with the oil.
- Cook until the cheese begins to gratin, remove from heat and serve.
If you are looking to reduce your meat consumption or eat a vegetable-based diet, you have to try these delicious vegetarian pitas .
HOW DO YOU PREPARE THE BREAD FOR VEGETARIAN PITAS?
- 500 g of wheat flour
- 30 g yeast
- Glass of water
- Teaspoon of salt
- Tablespoon of olive oil
STEP BY STEP:
- Mix and knead all the ingredients until obtaining a fine homogeneous dough, on a floured surface.
- Divide the dough into small balls of 50 g
- Crush and stretch each ball to form a kind of omelette
- Let stand until they begin to inflate.
- Bake at 220º C, for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and make a hole on one side