- 45 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.2 € / person
When the mushroom season begins we usually prepare many types of recipes, the one that usually succeeds at home are grilled boletus with a touch of garlic. Although one of the dishes that we like the most, the potato omelette , and that we usually cook on Sundays, goes to a great degree if we add some boletus or mushrooms that you like the most at home.
There are millions of ways to prepare omelette, there is no doubt that they are all delicious. In the omelette that I present to you today, it stands out both for its flavor and for its simplicity to make it, this makes it one of our favorite dishes of Autumn. The truth is that I have not seen it in many bars or restaurants, I think it would be a triumph as a tapas or pintxo throughout the year.
This recipe for Spanish omelette with boletus is a variation of the Spanish omelette , with all the flavor of boletus sautéed with a little garlic and parsley, perfect for inviting friends and not leaving home. A suggestion that surely many mushroom lovers will have already tried and cooked more than once, but still and despite its simplicity I think it deserves a space on the blog. If we add some boletus (fresh, frozen or dry) to the Spanish omelette of a lifetime, you will go to another level of potato omelette, I assure you.
Preparation of the boletus omelette
- We peel the potatoes, we wash them to remove dirt and very importantly, we dry them. We cut into semi-thin sheets, I do not like that they fall apart but that when they are fried, they toast a little. We put them in a large bowl, where we will then mix with the egg and add salt to taste. Stir well and reserve.
- We chose our largest, non-stick frying pan. We put it on the fire and add a good extra virgin olive oil, do not be afraid to spend a little money on oil, it will give that point of flavor that distinguishes your omelette from the others, you can use many varieties: arbequina, picual , cornicabra, hojiblanca, royal … the one you like the most, but of quality.
- We introduce the cut and already salted potatoes and let them cook for approximately twenty minutes over low heat. The topic of the thickness of the potatoes also goes to taste and some people prefer to cut them into very small pieces, in very thin sheets that almost break when frying and or rather large.
- While the potatoes are being fried, in the bowl where we are going to put the potatoes later we beat the eggs, we reserve. Peel the onion and cut as thin as possible. In another frying pan, heat the aove and add the onion pieces. We poach until it has a golden color, it has a caramelization point but without burning. The onion will be done before the potatoes, so drain and add to the bowl with the beaten egg.
- While the potatoes are being made, we clean the boletus and cut them into pieces. In another pan with a tablespoon of the oil to fry the potatoes, sauté the boletus with the garlic clove and a little parsley. We can add other mushrooms, in this case I put some mushrooms that I had in the fridge, although if you have Boletus well, it can go with all its flavor. To make this omelette, we can use dehydrated boletus. To hydrate them again, follow the manufacturer’s instructions, you can even strain the hydration broth and use it for another preparation. We pass the boletus well drained of oil to the bowl with the egg.
- Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon from the frying pan, leaving the potatoes with the least amount of oil possible, well drained. If we do not want any extra oil we can use a large strainer, let them drain and then put them in the bowl with the onion and the egg. We rest the future omelette for 15 minutes so that all the flavors come together well.
- In the same frying pan in which we have fried the potatoes and once the oil has been removed (which we can use for other recipes since the potatoes leave almost no flavor in the olive oil), we cook the mixture that we have at rest. I like it little cooked, that when you break it with the fork a little liquid egg comes out.
- For this type of omelette we only need 8 minutes over medium-high heat on each side. To turn it, I use a large flat plate that I have for salads, but you can use a smooth edge cover, even now I have seen that they sell special covers to turn the tortilla, use the most comfortable method and what more It is easy for you so that you do not spread, carefully. Do not despair if it does not come out, in which case you will have a more curdled omelette, but just as delicious.
The subject of the inside of the omelette is the one that generates the most controversy in Spain, that exact point of cooking of the potato, the precise amount of egg, the combination of fires and the cooking time. The cooking point of the egg is pure art, but it depends on taste. Neither curdled nor too dry, art for punishment.
I only leave mine for you to try, you make it according to your custom, more or less curdled, to the taste of each one. At your choice it is but delicious … sure!
In the blog you can find various kinds of omelette on the basis of ” Spanish La ” from a stuffed tortillas , the famous countrywoman omelet , an omelet onion, of cod , a Galician style with turnip tops and chorizo , … even vegetable omelet , many ideas for everyone to have their favorite type of omelette.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours. Perfect for a light dinner, a party or, yes, a delicious way to share food with friends and the people you love. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .