- 30 minutes
- For 1 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to make an egg sandwich
The egg sandwich is one of the richest of the snack food. Tender, juicy and satisfying, also suitable for vegetarians in their most basic form, it is synonymous with sure success. With it you can solve a dinner in a jiffy or a quick and satisfying lunch.
Today we are encouraged to prepare the version of Konbi , a small place located in Los Angeles , which has become a success on social networks.
Its presentation is very photogenic, so it is not surprising, but of flavor we can attest that it is delicious. The combination of boiled egg and mayonnaise is fabulous, if we add good white bread, fresh and tender, as the result is a very tasty bite.
This egg sandwich can be varied to suit everyone’s taste. We have actually tested three different versions .
The first one is basic and original, the second one is enriched with pickles and the third one has lettuce and pork tacos . Two vegetarian versions and one for omnivores. Let no one be left without an egg sandwich to your liking!
- For all versions of this egg sandwich we start with cooked eggs , in fact we specified it in the list of ingredients.
- It is important that the cooking is just right and that the yolk is undercooked (without being raw).
- To get the point we dip the eggs in boiling water and remove them after 10-11 minutes, immediately cool in plenty of cold water and peel as soon as they are cold. We reserve.
- To make mayonnaise , the first thing is to put the egg in the bottom of the blender glass, cover with the rest of the ingredients.
- We introduce the mixer in the bottom of the glass, and without moving it from this position beat at maximum speed until you see that all the content emulsifies.
- If you have removed the eggs from the fridge you must wait for them to take room temperature, if they are not at the same temperature as the oil it is much more likely that the mayonnaise will cut.
- We should not move the blades of the mixer at the bottom of the glass, since the mayonnaise would be cut, something quite common if you do not have much practice.
- Do not miss any detail in the previous video. The other option is to buy mayonnaise, the brand that you like the most.
Basic Egg Sandwich Preparation
- For the basic egg sandwich. Finely chop one of the eggs and cut the other in half, lengthwise.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the mustard, the crème fraîche and the rice vinegar, stirring until well integrated.
- Spread the two slices of bread with a thin layer of the sauce.
- Add the chopped egg to the rest of the sauce and stir well until integrated.
- On top of one of the slices of bread, in the center, we place the two halves of hard-boiled egg, with the cut down and touching at the widest part.
- In the photos of the step by step you can see the placement well in case of doubts.
- We spread the chopped hard-boiled egg mixture over the eggs and cover with the other slice of bread, with the sauce smeared on the bottom.
- We squeeze gently, making sure that the filling spreads throughout the interior, but without it coming out.
- We make two cuts in the sandwich, following lines perpendicular to the one on which the two egg halves are placed in a row.
- In this way, the three pieces of sandwich will have the central cut of the half egg as the rising sun and will look most beautiful.
At the time of serving the sandwich we place the three pieces together, so that the filling is visible, and we cross them with a skewer so that it does not crumble.
Egg sandwich preparation. 2 other versions
- For the egg, mayonnaise, pickle and onion sandwich.
- We follow the basic egg sandwich process, but add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard to the mayonnaise before incorporating the chopped egg, with the pickles and chopped onions.
- For the egg sandwich with lettuce and smoked pork.
- We follow the basic egg sandwich process, but add the wasabi and mustard to the mayonnaise before incorporating the chopped egg, lettuce and pork.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for these egg sandwiches . Do not miss any detail so that they come out of you delicious.
Tips for a Perfect Egg Sandwich
- One of the secrets of this sandwich lies in the quality, size and freshness of the eggs, and in the method of cooking them, since they are its main ingredient. Better if they are free-range eggs, size M at most, and they are not excessively fresh.
- To peel the eggs well, it is best to immerse them in ice water immediately after cooking and peel them as soon as they are cold.
- We can use sliced bread with crust and remove it once the sandwich is assembled.
- As with eggs, the higher the quality and the fresher the bread, the better.
- Try using pan de leche, with that slightly sweet touch. It works very well on this sandwich, especially the pickle sandwich and the ham sandwich.