- 3 aubergines
- 50 g of ground bread
- 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 basil leaves
- 70 mL olive oil
- 50 g of flour
- 4 tomatoes
- ¼ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the aubergines lengthwise and wrap them in foil. Put them in the oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Take them out, remove the pulp, and put them in a bowl. Reservation.
- In a bowl, place the yolks, cheese, and finely chopped basil. Beat until incorporated. Add the pulp and breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix until you get a paste that you can handle.
- Shape the meatballs and place them in a pan together with the very hot olive oil. Fry until golden brown.
- Put the tomato, onion, and garlic in the blender, salt, and pepper, and blend until it is a fine sauce. Now fry it in a small pot for three minutes and bathe the meatballs with this mixture.
Today we bring you a recipe that goes perfectly with your lifestyle, or ideal if you are on a diet: vegetarian eggplant meatballs. Do not stay with the desire to try them and follow the step by step to prepare them.
You are interested in VEGETARIAN ZUCCHINI LASAGNA
HISTORY OF MEATBALLS
We associate meatballs a lot with spaghetti and, therefore, with Italian food. But you will be surprised to know that its origin is Arabic.
The word meatball comes from the Arabic al-bunduqa, which means “the ball”. And it was this culture that taught Europeans to prepare meatballs, stirred with spices and fried in oil.
This dish belonged to the privileged classes, while the stretched meat was for the less wealthy, with the aim that it would yield more.
When meatballs became more popular, they used to be sold in markets; In other words, it was not a dish that was commonly prepared at home, possibly due to the level of difficulty in its preparation.