- 80 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 155kcal per 100g.
How do rabbit oven .
There are many occasions that we are somewhat lazy and we do not feel like making recipes with meat that are too laborious.
Today I bring you one of the best options for those moments. Preparing a baked rabbit will not give us much war , and with minimal ingredients we will have a very tasty dish on the table.
You will also get the thing for little money, since rabbit meat is quite inexpensive today.
As you can see is a meat that at home we love, and the blog can see other recipes with this meat, such as rabbit to the ajillo , the rabbit with tomato , stew rabbit to beer or rice with rabbit .Today I to simplify things and I will do it in the oven, accompanied by some potatoes and with a touch of aromatic herbs.
We are dealing with white meat, tasty, and low in fat . To adjust the expenses it is perfect, since it is cheap, and for example a rabbit of a kilo and a half will cost us 7 or 8 euros.
With it we will feed 5-6 diners without problem. Contrary to other meats that we prepare in the oven, in this recipe we are going to chop the piece of meat. We will ask the butcher to mince it for the oven, in portions similar to when we do it for stewing.
Nowadays it is very common to find it already bagged on the shelves, but do not worry, since in the butcher section they will cut it up without any problem.
You will also need aromatic herbs, thyme and fresh rosemary . I am lucky to have them on the balcony in my own urban garden, if they were not worth the boat, already dry. Although it is preferable to use fresh ones.
Preparation of the baked rabbit
- We begin by dressing the meat and letting it marinate. Chop the garlic and the aromatic herbs very fine.
- Season the pieces of rabbit with salt and pepper, season with the rosemary and thyme, leaving it to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- During this time the meat will absorb the aromas and flavor of the dressing.
- After the mashing time, we will start with the preparation of the recipe.
- We wash and peel the potatoes. We cut them into small segments. If you prefer the larger pieces, you would have to fry or pre-cook them for about 10 minutes. So that they soften and then remain in their point after baking.
Baking and final presentation of the baked rabbit
- We preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180º C.
- We choose a flat oven dish, where we enter all the ingredients. We place a base with the chopped potatoes, salt them to taste and drizzle them with a good jet of extra virgin olive oil.
- We have the rabbit pieces on top. We pour half a glass of wine into the fountain. That way the meat will not dry out during baking and we will help the sauce to be made, along with the juices that the meat releases.
- The total baking time will be 40 minutes at 180º C. Heat up and down.
- First we leave 20 minutes, up to half the time. We open the oven carefully and turn the pieces of meat over. We sprinkle with the remaining wine, that is, half the glass.
- We leave another 20 minutes and it will be ready to serve at the table. As each oven is a world, check that the intensity of the heat does not go over and that the meat singes too much. We must have a golden pain, but without burning.
- One solution is to add a little water to the source, in addition to the wine, so that there is humidity and counteracts the action of the oven.
- Another is also to lower the temperature a little, if you see that your oven is too fast.
As you can see, it is a recipe that does not give much work and is easy to prepare, as well as very healthy. I hope you like and enjoy rabbit meat , a great option for daily menus at home.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for baked rabbit . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.