- 70 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make beef in sauce . It is a real pleasure to cook this type of traditional recipes, which are part of the recipe book of a lifetime in any home.
Simple dishes, full of flavor and not in a hurry are the best, at least for me.
The braised beef or braised beef supports many options. It is a basic ingredient at home, and good proof of this is already the number of recipes that we have been publishing on the blog.
You can find a good number of stews and beef stews , with different cuts and preparation times. As can be the beef stew with potatoes , the one of a lifetime; the French-style Bourguignon beef stew, the beef stew red wine or the beef Fricandó , a typical Catalan recipe.
All of them are recipes where the veal is the protagonist, and they are prepared with time and love, which makes them guaranteed success at the table. Stews are a safe value, that is clear. A good artisan bread, a little wine and what a party you are going to enjoy at the table.
This recipe is perfect for daily menus, and even if you have a family meal. It is so versatile that it is also perfect for taking the tupper to work. I am sure you will love this dish, because it is really delicious.
Preparation of the veal in sauce
- We begin by washing and chopping the vegetables into small cubes (brunoise). We reserve.
- In a saucepan, pour a sheet of extra virgin olive oil and heat. Meanwhile, season the meat (to taste) and pass it through flour.
- Add the meat to the casserole and brown the beef over high heat. We withdraw and reserve.
- In the same oil, sauté (over high heat) the vegetables for 5 minutes, so that they soften and cook. We salt to taste.
- Then we add the meat, wine and water again. We mix everything, cover and let cook 45 minutes, over low heat.
- After the time, we will prepare the sauce. We remove the pieces of veal from the casserole.
- We crush the vegetables with the blender (we can pass them through a mash, it will take you longer but it will be better), until we have a fine sauce and well linked.
- Finally, we add the meat again, mix and cook everything together for another 5 minutes, with the casserole covered.
- We serve hot on the table, and we accompany the garnish that we like: some fried potatoes, white rice, quinoa, couscous, etc.
What is essential is a good bun bread, so as not to stop grinding in the sauce.
I encourage you to try doing it at home. You can see all the step by step photos of this recipe for beef in sauce in this album.
Tips for a veal in a yummy sauce
- In order not to fail with this beef in sauce, it is important to use a good product. The same supposes a little more expense, but the end result is going to be worth it.
- The Galician beef is that I always use, as a guarantee of quality and taste. Then some vegetables from the greengrocer in the neighborhood, which are ready, so that the resulting sauce is spectacular.
- The best pieces to cook are those that have streaky fat, such as the skirt, the needle, the blood sausage, the cheeks, because they are juicy and mellow and that is where the flavor of the food is found. Curiously they are the least noble, but slow and prolonged cooking works miracles in them and the result is film.