- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.2 € / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken with almonds . There are those who have the belief, erroneous in my opinion, that Chinese cuisine is of low culinary value, fat and with strange ingredients.
I suppose that, as in any gastronomic culture, there are good and bad references, but Chinese cuisine is, in fact, very extensive and varied.
A large number of vegetables, fish and meats are used in the preparation of its dishes, with the almost always present ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil, as if they were salt, pepper and garlic.
What is certain is that its flavors are different from those of western cuisine, which I think gives it added value. Discovering different products that we can use at home for our own elaborations, making the already globalized gastronomy of the countries a little more global, is one of the things I enjoy most in the kitchen.
The recipe with chicken today, is with almonds to the Chinese style , it is a clear example of how easy it is varied and the kitchen to the Chinese style. The natural and fresh ingredients give a quality to this dish that, despite its simplicity, will not leave you indifferent.
The mixture of vegetables, chicken and almonds, seasoned with soy and ginger make this recipe a source of high-quality vitamins, proteins and fats. Although the ideal is that we cook this recipe in wok , we can do it perfectly in a pan, keeping the criterion of getting the vegetables al dente.
For this recipe I have used sunflower seed oil since it does not add flavor, olive oil would give it a slightly more Mediterranean touch, which is not unsuitable, but would depart a little from the original taste. You will tell me whether or not this is a tasty dish.
Preparation of the chicken with almonds
- We clean the chicken of any leftover fat it may have and cut it into cubes of no more than 2 cm. We put the chicken in a bowl with the bicarbonate, mix well and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After this time, wash the chicken well to remove any baking soda, dry with kitchen paper and reserve. This process with the action of bicarbonate will make the meat totally tender on the plate.
- Cut the onion into thick julienne strips and the carrot into slices. We reserve.
- We roast the almonds in a frying pan without oil over medium heat. It is important that we are pending to avoid being burned too much. We reserve.
- In a bowl we prepare the sauce of our stew. We mix the chopped ginger, the soy sauce, the sugar, the rice vinegar, the sesame oil and the water. We reserve.
Stir-fried in the wok. Final presentation of the chicken with almonds
- We heat the wok with 5 tablespoons of sunflower oil. If you don’t have a wok you can use a pan.
- When it is very hot, add the chicken pieces and fry for 3 minutes. It is not necessary for the chicken to be golden, at the moment it turns white we remove it.
- Add 2-3 more tablespoons of sunflower oil to the wok and when it is hot add the vegetables. Sauté over high heat, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes. The vegetables must be half cooked, al dente.
- We throw the chicken, the almonds and the sauce that we have reserved and we let everything cook for 10 minutes. We dilute the cornstarch in a splash of cold water and add it to the stew.
- We leave on the fire 5-10 minutes more. If we see that it lacks sauce we can add a little more water.
You can see all the photos of the step by step recipe of chicken with almonds in this album, do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a chicken with yummy almonds
- We serve the chicken with white rice or with Chinese noodles, to our liking. Although it is great as is.
- If it is not thick enough for our taste, we add another pinch of cornstarch dissolved in a little sauce. Then we stir in hot inside the wok until it thickens.
- I leave you a trick so that the meat is very tender in the final result. We simply have to leave the chicken pieces to soak for a few minutes with baking soda.
- Then we wash them well removing any rest. The result will be a tender and tender meat, despite its cooking.