- 45 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.6 € / person
How to prepare homemade sobaos pasiegos . Along with the quesada pasiega , the sobaos pasiegos are the kings of Cantabrian pastry. Specifically typical of the Pasiegos Valleys. Although today its consumption is spread throughout the peninsula. This sweet is typical of the rural areas of these valleys.
Originally, the peasant women prepared this sweet recipe based on bread dough that they then enriched with eggs, honey and butter. Today its preparation has varied, eliminating the addition of water to the dough. Preparing a sponge cake cream also sweetened with sugar as an alternative to honey. Today they continue to be prepared in concrete molds and with a shape that usually varies little, between square and rectangular. Since 2004 pasiegos sobaos have had a Protected Geographical Indication, which is specific to the area where they are made and packaged.
As you can see it is a very simple recipe. A dessert that could not be missing in our dessert recipes category and in which the quality of the ingredients can make a difference. Using quality butter is key to getting fluffy sobaos, and very tasty. Although at home we can always use the molds of cupcakes. If we want to have some sobaos as the canons send, the perfect thing will be to have the characteristic molds.
Preparation of the pastry sobaos
- Although we can always prepare them in the cupcake molds that we have at home. The ideal is that we have our own molds for this sweet, for this the easiest thing is that we make them ourselves at home.
- I leave you the step by step in photos of how to make them with onion paper, which we can get in any stationery. It does not veil the sulfurized paper that we use for the oven since it is too thin, it must be waxed vegetable paper of the thickness.
- With our molds ready we get down to business. In a bowl mix the flour with the yeast and reserve.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar, salt, lemon zest and butter. Before incorporating all the essential ingredients, the butter has a soft texture, in ointment.
- We can skip the process by heating the butter in the micro and letting it cool before using it. Ideally, we should take the precaution of removing it from the fridge in advance so that, when using it, it is very soft.
- Add the flour with yeast and incorporate well.
- Fill the mold to no more than 2/3 of its height.
- With the oven previously heated to 180º C, we bake the sobaos for about 15 minutes. It is convenient not to bake them too much so that they do not dry out.
- We remove the sobaos. Let them cool on a grid.
In a very short time we can enjoy some sobaos perfect for breakfasts for children and adults, super creamy, fluffy and tasty, a wonder.
I encourage you to prepare these sweets at home, I am sure they will be perfect and will be the delight of your snacks.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .