- 120 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 345kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a Chocolate Cheesecake . One of the dessert recipes that I have always liked the most within the repertoire of American cuisine is, unquestionably, the New York cheesecake . Its texture and creamy and compact flavor at the same time I assure you that I love it. Today I bring you a recipe that, based on the classic American cake, reaches what is already my favorite cheesecake, the chocolate cheesecake .
This Chocolate Cheesecake tart combines the smooth and smooth flavor and texture of this wonderful cheesecake, with the strong and intense contribution of chocolate. As a result we have a very creamy cake, with an intense chocolate flavor and an incredible texture. This is one of those cakes that, despite being anything but light, you cannot stop eating. You know, that if only a little piece, well another one but that is small, the last one comes, and so you end up with a small packet of cheese and chocolate cake that you can only solve by fasting for two days.
Well, just kidding, but what is true is that it is totally addictive. The combination of a chocolate cookie base, a luxury chocolate and cheese cream and a topping of more chocolate, make this cake a party for the very chocolatier.
We prepare the base of cookies for the Chocolate cake
- We crush the chocolate cookies until they are reduced to crumbs. We can put them in a bag and with the handle of the mortar, we will crush them easily and without staining the kitchen. If we use Oreo cookies, we will remove the inner cream, we will only use the chocolate cookie itself. We put the crumbs in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add it to the cookie crumbs. With a fork we begin to mix the butter and crumbs well until we see that they are all bathed in butter.
- Butter a mold of about 20 cm. in diameter and we cover it with baking paper. Thus, it will be very easy for us to remove the cake from the bottom, without the risk of it breaking or sticking.
- We pour the crumbs with butter in the bottom of the mold and compact them all over the base with our hands so that we have a base of uniform thickness.
- With the oven previously heated to 180ºC, we bake the cookie base for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and reserve.
Preparation of the Chocolate Cheesecake filling
- In a saucepan, heat the cream. When we see that it begins to boil we turn off the fire and pour it into a bowl where we will have the chopped chocolate.
- We wait 1 minute for the heat of the cream to work and, with a fork, we begin to stir the chocolate and cream until the chocolate has completely melted. We are going to have a smooth and shiny ganache. We reserve.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar. It is essential that the cream cheese is at room temperature to be able to work it. Because, otherwise, it would be too hard to beat with the sugar.
- We add the eggs, one by one, to the mixture of cream cheese and sugar.
- We beat well until we get a uniform cream. We add the vainila escense. We incorporate the chocolate cream, the ganache that we have reserved, and we incorporate.
- Pour the cream in the mold that we have reserved on the cookie and, with the oven previously heated to 170º C, bake for about 60 minutes.
- The oven time will depend a lot on the type of mold we are going to use. If we used a mold larger than 20 cm. in diameter, the height of the cake would be less, so the oven time too.
- When the tart is ready we remove it from the oven and let it cool without removing it from the mold and when it is cold we store it in the fridge.
- We can leave it overnight and finish the cake the next day. Or simply keep it for a few hours before covering it with the chocolate ganache.
Preparation of the chocolate ganache
- In a bowl we put the chopped chocolate. We heat the cream until we see that it begins to boil and we pour it directly onto the chocolate in pieces.
- We let the heat of the cream work for 1 or 2 minutes. With a fork, stir until you get a smooth and shiny cream.
- Add the tablespoon of butter and continue stirring the mixture until it has melted. Pour the chocolate ganache on the cake.
- We let the chocolate curdle slightly before serving. This tart will keep perfectly in the fridge for several days.
It is an intense cheese and chocolate dessert, perfect for a mid-afternoon snack or coffee, ideal for hardcore chocolate lovers.
We only have to prepare a coffee or a glass of milk to accompany it, a wonder, I assure you.
Be sure to enjoy all the different chocolate desserts on the blog. A hiccup-less chocolate brownie or a chocolate-orange tart is one example.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this Chocolate Cheesecake .