- 80 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 302kcal per 100g.
How to make a chocolate flan Who can resist the magic ingredient of pastry, chocolate? A food that gives us great satisfaction when we taste it, or even just by thinking about it.
It is very gratifying to eat everything that has chocolate, but like everything recommended is moderation. Do not go over or later you will be upset when you get on the scale. If you have to make an easy dessert for a special lunch or dinner, to celebrate an important date, or just want to treat yourself to a sweet treat, this chocolate flan is the perfect dessert for it.
Flan is one of the desserts that should never be missing at home. Its preparation is relatively simple and the result is guaranteed success. If I think about it, I think I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like a good homemade custard.
With some basic ingredients that are always at home we can prepare it without problems. Starting from the egg custard recipe , other “star” custards will emerge.
In our dessert recipes you could not miss a flan for chocolate lovers, easy and homemade. In the blog you can find several examples like cheese flan , orange flan a flan Jijona nougat , chocolate pudding , custard yogurt , coconut flan and the most curious of all, the Bizcoflan . Do not hesitate to prepare this homemade recipe with an intense chocolate flavor, cheap, easy and economic, which will triumph among the little ones. I hope you like it.
Preparation of the chocolate flan
- We heat the milk over medium heat in a large saucepan or saucepan. When it reaches temperature but does not come to a boil, remove from heat.
- We add the cocoa powder and the chocolate that we have previously chopped.
- We stir without stopping until we get a homogeneous mixture. Simply with the residual heat it reaches us to completely melt the chocolate. We reserve and let it cool down.
- In total we will need 6 eggs for this recipe. We separate the whites from the yolks of two eggs. The whites of these two eggs can be used for other recipes, better not throw them away.
- We beat the 4 eggs plus the 2 yolks. We are adding the sugar little by little while we mix with some rods, until we achieve a creamy mixture.
- To this egg and sugar cream we add the warm milk with chocolate and mix everything well.
- We impregnate the interior of the mold or metal molds for the flan with the caramel. You can use one large or several smaller individual ones, to your liking.
Bain-marie cooking of the flan and final presentation
- As in the case of the egg custard we are going to cook it in a “bain marie”. We fill the metal tray of the oven with water, in the central position and with total heat function.
- We preheat to 200º C until we check that the water boils.
- We then place the mold with the flan on the water in a centered position. We are going to bake it for 45-50 minutes at 200º C, an approximate time that depends on the power of your oven.
- Cover the flan with aluminum foil in the last 10 minutes of baking. After the total time, we check with a skewer or knife if it is in its point.
- We puncture and if it comes out clean it means that our flan is ready. When it comes out of the oven, it seems to you that it is somewhat soft, but do not worry, with the cold it will take on texture and thicken the mixture.
- We remove from the oven, let it cool to room temperature and then transfer it to the refrigerator.
- We must keep it cold for at least 4-5 hours so that it takes on “body” and has the desired texture. I recommend you prepare it “the day before”, from one day to the next.
- To unmold we pass a knife along the side edge of the flan and then turn it over on the serving plate.
- Simply as a yummy, another dessert to stay, will become a classic at home.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes.