- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.1 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to Make Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs
There are recipes that never go out of style because they are rich, simple and easy to prepare, as is the case with these chicken legs baked in lemon .
A chicken recipe that we can prepare with very little effort and always look good.
Plain and simple, perhaps the perfect recipe for those who start in the kitchen, the result is a good roast chicken like the one your mother would make after hundreds of times.
In this case the practice helps but it is perfect the first time following our step by step, easy to prepare, with basic and cheap ingredients. Only the aroma of the oven with the chicken and all the spices already encourages cooking.
The ingredients could not be more aromatic and give the roast meat – which is tender on the inside and crispy on the outside – a great touch.
We can put the thighs on a bed of laminated onion that will bring sweetness and softness to the whole. Similar to roast chicken thighs with mustard and honey , another successful recipe.
And since we turn on the oven we are going to take advantage of roasting at the same time some “rustic” style roasted potatoes that will be the perfect garnish for the thighs. In short, one of those dishes that everyone likes, especially the little ones that will only leave their bones.
Preparation of Lemon Baked Chicken Thighs
- We start by preheating the oven to 200º C.
- Peel the onion and cut it into 0.5 cm rings. We separate the onion rings and place them in an ovenproof dish.
- We wash and slice a lemon. Chop one half and squeeze the juice from the other half. We bathe the onion with the juice of the half lemon.
- We put the chicken thighs on the onion bed, the sliced lemon, the fresh thyme and the garlic cloves cut in half (it is not necessary to peel them).
- In a mortar we chop the dried rosemary and mix it with half the white wine, the 50 ml. of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. We stir well so that the ingredients are mixed.
- Brush the meat with the rosemary mixture and bathe the tray with the rest.
- Bake with heat up and down, without hot air so as not to dry out the chicken. The time more or less 45 minutes at 200º C in the middle tray. Be careful because each oven is a world and yours may need to vary the temperature
- During the baking we are watering with the remaining half of the white wine, so that it always has a little liquid and does not stay dry.
Preparation of “rustic” potatoes
- We wash the potatoes well and cut them into unpeeled segments.
- We pass them to another oven source and bathe with the other 50 ml of oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and dry rosemary. Bake 40-45 minutes at the same time as the thighs.
- We serve the chicken accompanied by the roasted potatoes and a little tomato salad, for example.
Here you can see all the step-by-step photos of the lemon roast chicken recipe . Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect, come on, repeat over and over again.
Tips for Perfect Lemon Baked Chicken Thighs
- The quality of the meat is important and in this recipe it has all the prominence, so it is advisable to look for good thighs in the butcher shop.
- When the thighs are almost done we can give a final touch of grill in the oven so that the skin is crispier.
- Thyme can be dry but the fresh one provides a lot of flavor. If we buy an entire plant (they are small and inexpensive) we can have it on the balcony and use it for many recipes, it also smells wonderful.