- 20 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 394kcal per 100g.
How to make a four cheese pizza . Currently pizza is on everyone’s lips and has probably displaced even spaghetti, considered “the most Italian”. To prepare this four-cheese pizza we have used the recipe for homemade pizza dough that we told you about long ago, which is always fluffy and soft.
We can find a pizzeria in the most remote town in Spain and in any city we find armies of active pizza delivery men sporting their colors on their delivery motorcycles, as if it were a football team. In my neighborhood we have 6 pizzerias within a radius of less than 1 kilometer, I still prepare pizza myself, I don’t know if it will be better or worse, but it is to my liking.
One of the most successful at home is the four cheese pizza or pizza ai quattro formaggi . All the cheese recipes that I publish on the blog become the most read. A cheese plate becomes a hit with any meal. In this recipe I recommend a series of Italian cheeses, but you can use those that you like the most. Mix them wisely and with a little balance, you will get your perfect pizza.
Pizza preparation four cheeses
For this pizza I usually use the classic Italian pizza dough , although you can give your touch to yours by varying the mixture of flours, imagination to power to get your favorite pizza.
- We preheat our oven to 250º C.
- Sprinkle the countertop with flour. We roll out the dough so that it is fine enough so that when we bake it, it will be crisp.
- Add the homemade fried tomato sauce or crushed natural tomato with a spoon. We must spread the entire surface leaving the edges without tomato, with a brush or with the same spoon, with circular movements.
- Sprinkle with the chopped oregano.
- We put the pizza base in the oven on the metal plate. We lower the oven temperature to 200º C.
- We want the tomato and oregano to be fixed to the base and at the same time get a crispy base similar to that of professional pizzas.
- We only leave it for 2-3 minutes, we take the pizza out of the oven and we go back up to the maximum temperature (250 º C) for the final baking.
- We distribute the chosen cheeses on top of the base that we have just taken out of the oven.
- First sprinkle with grated Parmesan. We add the remaining pieces of cheese, strategically distributed on the surface.
Baking and final presentation of the four cheese pizza
- We finish with the mozzarella cheese distributed in all the holes so that when it is covered it is distributed in all the holes in the base. The contrast of the soft and powerful cheeses will be great.
- Bake at 230º C for 10-12 minutes in the middle tray with temperature up and down. Although the time will normally depend on your oven, the thickness you have given the dough and the amount of filling.
- Remove from the oven and add a dash of virgin olive oil to make it juicier. If you leave it for a few minutes on a rack, the base will not be wet at all and will be more crisp. Don’t get burned!
And we already have a great pizza with four cheeses, not even crumbs. The question is precisely to play with the amount of cheese and the flavors that we like the most to make our 4-cheese pizza.
Tips for a pizza 4 yummy cheeses
- Keep in mind that there are many varieties of cheeses, so it only remains to investigate and try. Accompany it with a very cold beer or a good wine and enjoy your homemade pizza!
- The pizza is a dish that admits variety and combination of ingredients, so we can adapt to the taste of the family. The 4 cheese pizza is one of the most classic and I think one of the most popular.
- To achieve a balance between aromas and flavors I have used mozzarella, gorgonzola, parmesan and a soft cheese to melt.
- The blue cheese is the one that gives the quattro formaggi a great personality, the gorgonzola is a creamy cow cheese with 48% whose dry matter contains 48% fat.
- An excellent table cheese, which can be eaten as an appetizer, as a sauce, as a filling or in a risotti. Any recipe with this cheese acquires a special aroma, try it.
- I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours.