- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.5 / person
How to prepare simple eggs stuffed with Russian salad. One of the most successful appetizer or skewer recipes on the blog is stuffed eggs and salad , since it combines two recipes that we love at home.
It is a super simple recipe, but it will make you look great. With a good presentation it can be a fantastic aperitif for any cocktail you plan to celebrate at home. But be careful, do not forget to put the eggs on a paper tablecloth, because when they are plated they can be very slippery and end up on the head of a diner.
The Russian salad is something very personal, each one adds the ingredients that they like the most or those that they have accustomed since childhood. My mother’s salad has no competition and also it does not have too many ingredients, perhaps that is why it tastes so rich to me, because I am able to identify the flavors, without any ingredient being the absolute protagonist on my palate. This recipe is perfect to prepare an appetizer or starters for a special meal, eggs stuffed with Russian salad .
Also if you have left over stuffed eggs or simply, when filling you have plenty of Russian salad , it should not be a problem, so you already have a first course or a taper for the office. Accompany the salad or the stuffed eggs with some breaded chicken fillets and you will be the kings of the office.
As for the decoration, I have opted for some roasted red peppers to give some color to the dish, but a few simple olives or walnuts will make your eggs stuffed with Russian salad look great. What does it sound appetizing to? You already have an excuse to host a party at home.
Preparation of eggs stuffed with Russian salad
- We start by preparing a basic Russian salad , the one of a lifetime. We put two pans with water to boil. Peel the potatoes and carrots. When the water boils add the potatoes and carrots in one saucepan and cook the eggs in another. When boiling in the eggs resumes, we will count 15 minutes so that the eggs are well cooked.
- We will let the potatoes and carrots cook, until when pricking with a fork it enters easily, but without undoing the potato. When the eggs are ready we remove them and let them cool. We reserve.
- When the potatoes and carrots are ready, we take them out, let them cool and then chop them into very small squares. Peel, wash and chop the French onions into small cubes. Chop the olives. In a bowl, mix the potatoes, carrots, peas, olives, onions and tuna. We reserve.
We prepare the mayonnaise and final assembly
- In a mixing bowl we put an egg, a little salt and add a glass or 150 ml of sunflower oil. With the mixer resting on the bottom of the container, we begin to beat but without moving the mixer. When it is taking color, we squeeze half a lemon and rectify with salt.
- If you like more liquid mayonnaise, you can add a little more oil, until you get the desired texture. Pour the mayonnaise into the container and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Peel the eggs, cut them in the center and remove the yolk. If you want you can chop the yolk and mix it with the rest of the salad ingredients. Fill the eggs with the salad. Decorate with the roasted pepper strips.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .