- 35 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 295kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make homemade aioli potatoes.
If you go to a bar in Spain, you will surely find this easy, tasty and cheap tapas, we are talking about the famous aioli potatoes.
It is a classic complimentary aperitif that we serve in many bars when ordering a beer or wine. If you are passionate about aioli sauce, the potatoes will not be painted.
They rival in Madrid directly with the patatas bravas and I can assure you that the aioli potatoes of most bars are rarely real aioli, but rather mayonnaise with garlic. When you try this recipe at home I assure you that you are going to hallucinate.
You can prepare your aioli potatoes at home without problem, as it is a very easy to prepare cover, the main thing is the quality of the ingredients, they are few and cheap, but they must be good.
Potatoes that are special to cook, and aioli you can make homemade. We tell you the best way to do them and the tricks so that they are even better than in your usual bar.
Preparation of the potatoes. Cooking
- We wash the potatoes before incorporating them into a saucepan with slightly salted water.
- Add a drizzle of vinegar as it helps keep the skin from bursting. Although it is based on not overdoing cooking.
- We cook the potatoes without peeling for about 25-30 minutes, until they are tender. You can prick them with a fork to check the cooking point.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, we change the hot water for cold water and wait for them to temper. It is important that they be tempered before proceeding to remove the skin.
- Then we peel them and cut them into large irregular pieces, leaving them in a bowl to cool down well.
- We can prepare aioli or all-i-oli homemade following our traditional recipe and making it only with garlic and oil, without eggs and in mortar. Another option is to prepare a mayonnaise with a touch of garlic. It should be light so that it can mix well with the potatoes.
- Finally, also a valid option, is to buy a trusted aioli, that of Salsas Choví, I assure you that it is of note.
Preparation of homemade aioli
- To make this sauce we need a mortar (it must be made of marble or earthenware) to be able to emulsify the garlic. It consists of garlic cloves and coarse salt that are crushed to a paste.
- Peel the garlic cloves and crush them in the mortar mixed with a pinch of coarse salt. Garlic should be chopped well with a wooden hammer until a fine paste is obtained.
- Then, with one hand, the extra virgin olive oil is slowly poured into the mortar. Always in such a way that a fine fine thread falls, without stopping moving.
- With the other hand, mix the mixture with the mace on the mortar without stopping. Always in the same direction of rotation.
- Little by little the olive oil will link with the garlic and will gradually increase in volume.
- In the end it will be like a thick cream that remains compact even when we tilt the mortar.
- Add the olive oil little by little, binding it well before adding more. In this way we achieve the desired paste.
Final presentation of the potatoes with aioli
- Add the aioli sauce and the chopped parsley. We reserve a little more to sprinkle on top when serving.
- We mix gently giving enveloping movements and trying not to break them.
- We must be careful not to break or crush the potatoes during this operation.
- It is better to add the aioli little by little, so as not to overdo the quantity. There should be some potatoes well impregnated with the aioli and well distributed.
- We refrigerate the aioli potatoes, covered with transparent paper for 30 minutes before serving.
We pass the potatoes with the aioli to a serving platter, put a little more chopped parsley and eat.