- 35 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.9 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
- · ·
Smoked salmon salad . This recipe can be served as a starter, although when I make a meal with guests I like to put several starters as an appetizer and serve smaller portions.
On these upcoming holidays, this can be a great pre-main appetizer. It is practically a Russian salad with smoked salmon , with a touch of crispy pickles and the citrus aroma of the lime that goes perfectly with this salad. This is my proposal but you can vary it according to your tastes and needs, it is important that the mayonnaise is homemade to give it that flavor that an authentic salad.
This recipe is a perfect appetizer for these dates, a fresh proposal and a delicious Russian salad to welcome our guests and warm up the engines in that great meal that awaits us. We will prepare it in no time and we will be able to enjoy original flavors that combine perfectly.
Whether alone or as an aperitif or as a first course, it is a great option for this Christmas. As the presentation is very important, here we propose an individual portion in which the salmon is inside and outside the salad. We tell you how to do it easily at home. I hope you like it and prepare it at home, I want you to tell me if you succeed with this recipe.
Before cooking. Mayonnaise
- If you want to accompany your filling with homemade mayonnaise. Here you have how to do it. If not, you can always use your favorite mayonnaise brand.
- We crack an egg and pour it into the mixer glass. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and a few grits of salt. Let’s pour the oil.
- We put the mixer in the glass, start it and keep it still until it thickens. Let’s see how white threads with mayonnaise texture start to come out.
- We do not make any movement with the mixer until the mixture has taken shape, then we can move up and down until homogeneous. We reserve in the fridge.
- You can follow all the tips on how to make mayonnaise on the blog or with this video.
Preparing the ingredients for the salmon salad
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and put into the water that we have in a saucepan already boiling. Salt and let them cook for about 15-20 minutes over high heat.
- The best way to see if it is well cooked is to prick with a fork at the end of the cooking process, so we can increase or decrease the time depending on the type of potato you are going to use. I recommend Galician potato that is perfect for cooking.
- We remove the potatoes and carrots and let them cool.
- Chop them into not very large pieces when they are warm, especially if we are going to serve them with this presentation.
- We cover the eggs with cold water and cook 10 minutes from the boil.
- We should not cook them any longer since a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye. With these indications you have to be perfect.
Plating and final presentation of the salmon salad
- With a plating ring we cut the salmon, 4 circles to cover our salad. We cut the cuttings into pieces that can be seen. We do the same with the eggs and a teaspoon of dry dill.
- Likewise, capers and pickles, this type of pickle will give the salad that crisp touch that pairs so well with the flavor of salmon.
- We mix all the above well with the potatoes and the homemade mayonnaise (as I recommend at the beginning of the recipe) until all the ingredients are well integrated.
- We wash the lime and grate it over the salad, mix everything again. Finally we add the salmon or trout roe and stir carefully so that they do not explode.
- This ingredient will make our salad a surprise, in addition to having that salty point we will not need to add salt to the salad.
- With a small teaspoon we are introducing the salad in the plating rings and we finish decorating with some trout or salmon roe and some sprigs of fresh dill. Directly to the table and to eat. You will succeed!
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of this recipe for the salad with salmon in the step by step in the next album.