- 30 minutes
- For 6 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 310kcal per 100g.
How to make spaghettini with prawns, garlic and chilli.
A very simple pasta recipe that returns to those easy dishes on which the blog is based and that lately had a little abandoned.
A perfect pasta dish for cooking on the weekend or daily. And is that, who does not like garlic prawns ? If you also give them a spicy touch and add a little pasta, you have a luxury dish.
At home we like this dish very much, we are passionate about pasta and it really is a simple and quick dish.
We are going to use the appropriate pasta for this recipe, a long Garofalo pasta, the Spaguettini or Puorc that are made with durum wheat semolina with a rough surface that helps to grip the sauce of this recipe well.
Many times we do not have much desire or time, and here you have no excuses, in 30 minutes you have a perfect recipe for a tasty and full of flavors dinner.
The shrimps and prawns to the ajillo are a popular dish of Spanish cuisine and one of my favorite tapas, especially well accompanied by a white wine or a cold beer.
Shrimp is a seafood rich in minerals such as phosphorous and iodine that inhabits the seas around the world.
Lately its price has dropped a lot and every time I use it more in my kitchen, frozen you have it on hand for any recipe, be it a cover with gulas , a little broth or dry rice , a salad with sea flavor or a simple Russian salad .
A luxury ingredient that gives a special point to any recipe. I leave you with it and I encourage you as always to prepare it.
Preparation of the prawns with garlic and peppers
- Peel the garlic cloves. Chop them into thin sheets to brown quickly.
- Add a good extra virgin olive oil to the casserole and simmer the garlic for about 2-3 minutes until the garlic is golden brown.
- We add a little chilli or pepito, who likes spicier that adds more quantity. Always at home.
- We stir everything gently to mix the flavors for about 2 minutes.
- Peel the prawns and remove the intestine (the black thread in the center) and add them to the saucepan with the garlic and chilli.
- We spend the prawns only about 2 minutes without sautéing excessively. Just enough for them to turn pink.
- We remove to a plate and add a little salt (fat or flake).
- Add a splash of brandy, cognac or rum and let it reduce to high heat. Not more than 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir everything with a wooden spoon, mix all the flavors well and remove from the heat. We reserve and then mix with the spaghetti.
Spaghettini preparation and final assembly
- The accompaniment of prawns in garlic must always wait for spaghettini and not the other way around.
- We heat in a large saucepan, in this case I always have reserved in a large saucepan for this type of preparation.
- One liter of water is necessary for every 100 g. pasta, is the recommended measure per person.
- These proportions, which are normally indicated on the packaging, help the paste not stick together. And always try to use a large casserole, the largest in your kitchen.
- When it starts to boil in spurts, add 1 generous handful of salt, about 2 level tablespoons per 500 g. of pasta.
- Next we add the spaghettini, always all together.
- Stir with a wooden spoon so that the spaghetti does not stick and are loose.
- On the back of the pasta package comes the cooking time, we must be guided by these instructions because for each type it is different, in this case it is 6 minutes. If they were spaghetti it would be about 11 minutes. In this way we will achieve what is called pasta “al dente” or at the right point.
- Once the time has elapsed, drain the pasta immediately and combine it with the accompaniment.
- We add the freshly made spaghetti to the sauce and mix everything with a spoon so that the flavors are well combined. We serve them warm.
It is certainly a simple and quick dish to make, but delicious. Do not stop trying it and you will tell me …
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the spaghettini recipe with prawns, garlic and chilli in this album. Do not miss any detail and you will get some yummy cocochas.
Tips for Spaghetti with Yummy Prawns
- When we peel the garlic cloves I advise you to remove the germ or the central stem (thus we avoid that the sauce repeats us).
- I like it with the touch that the chilli gives, but for those who don’t like the spiciness, all they have to do is not add it. To the taste of each one.
- If you have a little more time, you can add a little broth of prawns, prawns or prawns . You can add a few tablespoons of this juice to enhance the sea flavors of this dish and mix well with the garlic and chilli oil.
- It is not complicated, it would be to take advantage of the parts of the prawn that we are not going to eat and in this way we manage to give more flavor to our spaghetti. Make the most of this seafood, which although it is not through the roof has its price.
- Optionally we decorate each dish with a little chopped fresh parsley, in this case with a bay leaf to give it a green touch.