- 45 minutes
- For 2 persons
- € 8 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make squid soup . With cold days come the desire for soups and broths .
Today we are going to prepare a fish recipe with squid and a touch of aromatic herbs. I assure you that it will help you warm up the mountain body in cold weather, that it is delicious and that it will take very little work.
It is one of those fish soup recipes that we can leave on the fire while we do other things or prepare the second course. If you are passionate about fish and seafood, I am sure you will like it.
You will get an intense sea flavor only with squid and a fish stock or fumet . Squid soups are not abundant and it is a shame because squid have many beneficial properties for our body.
They provide minerals such as iron, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and iodine, vitamins and folic acid. It is a mollusk that moves expelling water and lives near the coast forming banks.
With them we are going to prepare with them a delicious soup perfect for autumn and winter that we can also save overnight. It is essential to take it to the table with a good bread to dip and slice the plate.
How to prepare a squid soup
- We clean the inside of the squid with plenty of water and cut them into thin strips. I like the skin of the squid, it gives it color and flavor. But for those of you who like it, you only have to remove it in the pre-cleaning. We reserve.
- The other option and if your / or fishmonger / or lends itself, clean the squid well. We will have half the recipe work done.
- Peel and chop the garlic and onion. We wash and chop the diced tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and when it is hot add the onion first. When this pochadita, we add the minced garlic well so that it does not burn us. We also add the laurel, the saffron threads and the rosemary.
- Poach slowly until the onion and garlic are transparent, without browning. It is best to do it slowly and at medium temperature.
- Add the tomatoes and squid, clean and chopped. We fry everything together 10 minutes stirring.
- We pour the glass of wine and a couple of glasses of water. The other option is that if you have a homemade or bought (quality) fish broth, add it instead of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- We remove the bay leaf and cook everything together over medium heat for half an hour.
- Optionally and if you want to turn it into a seafood soup . Just add in the last few minutes a few frozen and peeled prawns, a few pieces of hake loins and let them cook 5 minutes.
- You’ll get to tune this soup into a perfect soup to serve on a special occasion.
We accompany this soup with toast and aioli sauce . We serve in very hot bowls and enjoy.
If you do not want to miss a detail on how to prepare this recipe for squid soup , click on the photos in the step by step.