- 90 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 368kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some almond polvorones . At home we are from polvorones , we love to drink, of course, on Christmas dates, but also during the rest of the year.
We have always had one or two brands of header polvorones that we bought in Ourense in the odd grocery store, you know, those lifelong that have bulk nuts, spices, typical products and, of course, polvorones .
I have to say that, for a few years, we have prepared them at home since the recipe is very easy and the result is if not better, at least it is the same as those Felipe II-type polvorones that we like so much.
I assure you that it is a delicious dessert , an exquisite bite that surprises, due to the ease of its preparation and the result, some polvorones prefects of quality and unsurpassed flavor, I assure you.
The important thing, as always, are the quality products , a category almond will make the difference between some polvorones and others. They are made with simple and easy to find ingredients in any food establishment, flour, lard, sugar and almonds.
Although we can flavor them, I think it is not necessary at all, the flavor of these polvorones does not need external help, it is a delicious dessert.
Preparation of the base of the almond polvorones
- To work the flour we have to toast it. For this we put it on high heat in a pan and, without stopping stirring, we will see how it takes color and loses moisture.
- We have to be very careful that it does not burn us, leaving it for 1 or 2 minutes without stirring would spoil it.
- In a bowl we beat the lard with the sugar until making a cream.
- It is essential that the butter is at room temperature, with an ointment texture, otherwise it would be very difficult to work.
- Add the flour to the bowl. We sift the flour since during its roasting hard balls are formed that later we will not be able to undo. The flour must be already cooled, never freshly toasted.
- We incorporate the rest of the ingredients, the cinnamon and the ground almond. With a fork we mix well until the mixture has turned into loose sand.
- With the hand we compact the sand until it forms a ball. This process reminds me of what we do on the beach when we want to make a ball of sand.
- The intention is not to knead the ingredients but to compact them so that they stay together.
- We place the ball on a sulfurized paper and crush it until it reaches a surface of about 2 cm. of thickness. We can help ourselves with a roller for this process.
Final preparation of the almond polvorones
- We cut the polvorones with the chosen pasta cutter and leave them on a sulfurized paper in the fridge for 30 minutes, until they become hard due to the effect of the cold.
- This step is essential, it is necessary that the polvorones are hard before putting them in the oven. This will ensure that they deform as little as possible during their cooking.
- We collect the remains and cuttings of dough, make a ball again and repeat the operation.
- With the oven previously heated to 180º C we place the polvorones directly from the fridge. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of each one.
- Although they will not grow during baking, it is better that we leave a separation of 3 or 4 cm between them. Since when removing them from the tray. Once cooked, its handling is complicated and the more space we have the better.
- We bake the polvorones between 12 and 14 minutes, depending on their size and thickness.
- We remove the tray from the oven and very carefully we place the polvorones on a rack. Where we will leave them until they cool completely.
- Fresh from the oven, the polvorones are very fragile and it is very easy to break them.
Another decoration option would be to place a whole almond on top just removed from the oven or sprinkle with icing sugar. In any case, these polvorones are a delight that they have nothing to envy to those bought. Rather the opposite, you will tell me.