- 20 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 340kcal per 100g.
How to make a nougat tiramisu.
We are close to Christmas , recognize that you are already thinking that you can cook on 24, 25 and 31.
For some it is the entire Christmas lunch or dinner, for others to bring something to look good, an interesting dessert, an appetizer or appetizer.
I am already testing the Roscón de Reyes for the Christmas meal , although today we have tried this false nougat tiramisu and it has been a success, the only comment has been to remove a little sugar to make it less sweet but I have already grinding in the ingredients.
The good thing about testing is that if you like the dessert a lot, you can taste it a few times until it is exact. This tiramisu is an adaptation of the two that I already have on the blog, tiramisu in my own way and the traditional tiramisu
I call it fake tiramisu because I don’t use sabayon cream, it goes egg-free, and I also substitute part of the mascarpone for whipped cream to give prominence to the nougat, and turn this dessert into a Christmas classic.
Little sugar, the right one, because the nougat sweetens enough and a very important change, the biscuits of soletilla I have replaced by Maria cookies.
The taste of the cookie layer is sure to remind you of your childhood when milk was turned into cookie soup, I’ve recreated that feeling by soaking the cookies in latte, not just coffee.
It is one of the few desserts where the mixture of flavors and smells is everything. It is impossible to describe it in words so get down to it and try to do it at home throughout the year. You will tell me.
Preparation of whipped cream for nougat cream
- We start assembling the cream or milk cream . We are going to need 200 ml of cream or milk cream to assemble, that is to say that it has a high fat content, the 200 ml bottle puts 35.1% MG and 75 g of sugar.
- This time we will whip the cream with little sugar because we have to think that both the nougat and the cookies already have.
- We use a large bowl, if it is cold much better, this is very important.
- Like the cream or milk cream that must come out of the fridge.
- Add the cold cream to the bowl and beat until it goes liquid to a kind of cream, with a little foam. This process will take us 3-4 minutes, nothing more.
- Once we have reached this kind of dense liquid cream, add the sugar, if it is glass better, and beat until it reaches almost solid state. We reserve.
- After this technical note on whipped cream, we continue to cut the Xixona nougat into squares.
Preparation of nougat cream
- Dilute the gelatin powder in half of the 100 ml. milk. It must be warm and we must wait 5 minutes for the gelatin to hydrate.
- Here you can also use gelatine in sheets that we must soak in water for 5 minutes. The leaves do not dissolve, but they soften.
- After this time, you have to take them with your hands and squeeze them gently.
- Then we add it to the 100 ml. of milk that we have previously preheated. We combine with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- In a bowl we combine the mascarpone cheese without sugar, the milk, the gelatin and the nougat. Mix with the mixer until there is a creamy mixture.
- In the bowl of the whipped cream add the nougat cream. Mix with a spatula, it must be very smooth without the cream falling. What we want to achieve is a fluffy cream.
- Here we will have the most difficult part of this Christmas dessert, the Xixona nougat cream.
- If you want another type of dessert, for example a few glasses of nougat with dried fruit would be great. We reserve the cream.
Preparation of Jijona nougat tiramisu
- The rest is a piece of cake, we put a coffee pot to make as for breakfast and let cool.
- When this cold mix with the rest of the milk, the other 100 ml. and we are scaring the cookies maria with the coffee with milk.
- If we see that we run out of milk, don’t panic, add more.
- When we wet our favorite cookies they do not have to release liquid.
- Only they are impregnated a little, when they are all together the excess liquid will be distributed between them.
- For this recipe I have used a mold that has a ceramic plate incorporated, you just have to unmold and ready.
- We are going to put a double layer in the chosen container, on top a generous layer of nougat cream.
- Sprinkle with pure cocoa powder, choose the one you like best. Another layer of double cookies and another of nougat cream.
- The last step, no less important, is the touch of the cocoa, very important that it be pure bitter cocoa.
- Sprinkle with a strainer so that there are no lumps. We must add it generously, as it will act as a contrast of flavors.
- And the most fundamental. I always leave it in the fridge to cool overnight. Remember to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap so it doesn’t catch flavors from the fridge.
I assure you that with this dessert you will succeed in Nadal, I hope you like it.
You can see all the photos of the recipe for this Christmas tiramisu in the next album step by step.
Tips for a yummy tiramisu
- The cream must be with 35% of MG (Fat) to mount well and very cold, why cold? The cream is fat and if it gets hot it loses consistency, if it is not cold it will be difficult for it to rise as we want, if it rises. The ideal temperature is around 10º C.
- To assemble the cream I use the blender with the accessory of electric rods, it is more comfortable than with manual rods, although it can be done with both.
- I advise you to use these tips when using gelatin. An envelope of neutral gelatin powder usually brings 10 g. and it is designed to be used with 500 ml of liquid. The gelatin sheets usually bring 9 units of 2 g. each. In this recipe we have used 1 sachet of gelatin, 10 g., If you want to use gelatin leaves, it would be 6 sheets of 2 grams each.
- We can present in a source like the one in the photo or in individual portions in a cool glass that we have at home, I leave it to your choice. You have a video where I explain it step by step.