- 45 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 1.9 / person
- 306kcal per 100g.
How to make an apple pie and mango .
I present you a cake or rather a very light sponge cake, similar to the apple and pine nut sponge cake that you can find on the blog.
I like the crunchy flavor of a cookie base so I added it to the cake. In Galicia it is very common to prepare desserts with apples since they abound in the orchards of the towns and villages.
They are used as a basis for apple pie , stuffed pancakes , baked apples, fritters, cake pastry, homemade jams, apple pie , apple strudel , and of course , this cake that I present.
Endless recipes in which the apple is the queen, in this case with pippin apples that are great for this dessert.
For the cookie base
- Melt the butter (use the microwave, it is faster, on low temperature about 2 minutes).
- With the mincer we crush the cookies (if you did not have, in a kitchen cloth we toss the 25 cookies and wrap them and then mash them with a tablespoon or something heavy, it is not so fine but it serves the same) and we add the melted butter on top.
- We add a few drops of rum. We take the cookie mixture and distribute it on the base of a large removable mold (in this case it was 18 cm, with the 22 cm it is also worth it, but it is finer).
- Press against the bottom with the help of a spoon or with your fingers and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes at about 180º so that it hardens and the excess liquid evaporates a little.
- We remove the mold and let cool to fill with the cream with the apples and mango.
For the apple and mango tart
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until it doubles its volume, when they are well, add the milk and mix well with the mixer.
- In the same bowl we introduce a pinch of salt, the liquid butter and the tablespoon of vanilla essence. We beat everything until there are no lumps.
- Mix the yeast with the flour and put it in the previous bowl, beat again. Let stand 10 minutes.
- While resting, peel the apples and remove the center of them. We cut them into sheets, with a size similar to a fried potato.
- It is very important to peel and laminate the apples at the last moment because when they come into contact with the air they oxidize and look bad.
- If you prepare this step before, do not forget to add a little lemon juice so that they do not have a rusty color.
- We combine the apple pieces with the cinnamon in a bowl. We stir by hand until everything is well mixed, it will be what gives that magnificent flavor to the cake.
- We remove the peel from the mango and cut into thin sheets. We place these mango sheets on top of the biscuit base, trying to cover the entire base without any gap.
- Add the cream with the apple slices to the container with the cookie and the mango. We squeeze the apples a little to make it compact.
- We preheat the oven to 200º for 5 minutes. We put the cake in the oven (heat option up and down, in the middle tray of it) at 190º for about 35 minutes.
- The last 5-10 minutes, we cover the cake with a little aluminum foil and lower the temperature to 170º so that it does not burn us (as I mentioned in some other recipe, everything depends on the oven, always look with a fork, click the cake and when it is dry, remove).
- Let cool for an hour. Unmold and yummy, do not hesitate
I assure you that it is a light cake, full of fruit and very fresh, now that the good weather arrives you want to take it as a dessert or snack with a good coffee or tea.