- 110 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 312kcal per 100g.
How to make a Normandy-style apple pie .
In the blog recipe book you can find several dessert recipes specialized in the famous apple pie .
From the most classic apple sponge cake , with or without walnuts, the traditional English pie Apple pie , the delicious apple Tatin tart or the tasty apple fritters , are an example that, on the one hand, apple desserts are among my favorites and, on the other hand, apple is one of the top ingredients in pastry.
If we analyze the subject. We can see that apple desserts are a resource in almost all cultures, and today’s recipe is one more example of this.
The incredible cake that I bring you today is a French recipe, a classic, rustic and traditional of the Norman pastry, a very good apple pie from Normandy .
It is one of those very simple cakes to prepare, with a rustic style that promises a result when it is less tasty. Although the base is common to many other apple pie recipes, the result of this recipe is different.
It is a very juicy sponge cake, nothing delicate in baking. Its oven inlets and outlets do not lower its structure at any time.
The laminated apple will give a texture and flavor to the final result that is worth trying.
It is made in two parts, a first one that begins to bake while preparing the second one that is added in the middle of the process.
The end result will be a crisp, crisp upper thanks to sugar and a luxurious interior, perfect to pair with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or homemade custard.
Preparation of the apple pie base cream
- In a bowl we mix the sifted flour, the gasifier, a tablespoon of vanilla sugar, the milk, 150 g. sugar, 2 eggs, 60 g. of the melted butter and a pinch of salt. Mix well with a few rods until you get a homogeneous cream. We reserve.
- We peel the apples and remove the core. We cut them into sheets and add them to the mixture that we have reserved.
- Mix well and pour the mixture into a mold of about 18 or 20 cm. diameter.
- We must grease and flour the mold before pouring the mixture. We can also grease it and cover it with baking paper or simply use a silicone mold that will avoid both processes.
Baking and final presentation of the Normandy tart
- With the oven previously heated to 160º C, we bake the cake for 25 minutes with temperature above, below and air. Always in the central tray of the oven.
- Remember that each oven is a world and that it is you who know it best.
- While the cake is baking prepare the second part of the dough. In a bowl we will mix the rest of the ingredients.
- We have the egg, the rest of the sugar and the rest of the butter that we add melted. We beat the mixture well and reserve it until the 25 minutes of baking have passed.
- We remove the cake from the oven, pour the mixture on top and return the mold to the oven.
- We cook the cake about 35 minutes more. We will check that it is baked when, when pricked with a knife, it comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it sit and cool down little by little, without removing the mold, for 20 minutes.
- After this time we remove it from the mold and let it cool down completely before enjoying it.
It is a very juicy, sweet and very tasty cake, perfect to enjoy a luxury snack, whether we decide to take it alone or accompany it with a scoop of ice cream. A whole yummy tart.
A perfect dessert recipe to accompany a pleasant evening with our friends, a royal snack.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this apple pie recipe. Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.