- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.7 € / person
How to prepare a chocolate and orange cake . One of those dessert recipes that we prepare at home year after year on our birthday. And not only on birthdays, in almost all celebrations a chocolate cake usually falls . The truth is that there is no better way to celebrate years than with a cake or chocolate cake in front, with the chocolatiers that we are at home, it could not be otherwise. It is impossible that your eyes do not light up when you are going to blow out the candles on this chocolate cake, it is one of those desserts that you do not hesitate to try.
There are a multitude of recipes for this type of cake, the chocolate brownie with nuts wins by a landslide on the blog, but this time I wanted to surprise with a different recipe with a touch of orange. At home we love to combine chocolate and orange , we always have a chocolate bar with orange shavings well kept in case we feel like it. I think there is no better harmony between chocolate and fruit, the citrus flavor and aroma of the orange combines perfectly with the bitterness of the cocoa. On the blog you can find several similar desserts, changing textures and degrees of aroma to this citrus, the chocolate and orange brownie undoubtedly triumphs , another option that you have to take into account.
The chocolate cake alone is already a delight, but when you bite down and discover the creaminess of the interior chocolate and the citrus aroma, the enjoyment multiplies. Double chocolate cake for those with a sweet tooth! On any birthday or special day any of you will be a little bit happier. Do you doubt it? You are not going to miss it right?
Preparation of the chocolate and orange cake
- Finely chop the chocolate and dice the butter. We put everything in a large bowl and melt it in the micro for 1 or 2 minutes at low temperature, stopping the micro every 50 seconds and stirring to mix well. We reserve.
- We separate the yolks from the whites. In a bowl we are going to beat the yolks with half the sugar. We add the flour, which we have previously sifted, in small quantities and stirring until reaching a homogeneous mixture.
- In another bowl we will mount the egg whites until stiff with the help of a whisk. We add a little flake salt (a pinch only) and halfway through the process we add half the sugar, little by little and continue beating until we have a consistent meringue. If you do not have electric rods it can be beaten by hand, we must beat from the bottom to the top vigorously, so it takes more air and gains fluffiness, trying not to lower them in the process. A trick to make them perfect and fit without problem is to use a bowl without any remaining fat and the whites at room temperature. We keep the meringue in the fridge.
- We preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 200º C. While it is heated, we incorporate the melted chocolate into the reserved cream and mix it well with a silicone spatula. We wash the oranges well and grate our microplane on top of the mixture. If there are no children we can include at this time to the cream a splash of an orange liqueur, it will give more aroma and flavor.
- We add the egg whites until stiff, mixing with enveloping movements from the bottom up, so that they integrate perfectly and do not lower. We will find a texture similar to a mousse.
- Butter the mold and pour the cream-mousse into it. Smooth the top with a spatula and add the walnut pieces.
- Bake in the central tray for 30-35 minutes at 180º C. Remove from the oven and let cool, if you are in a hurry you can cool it in the fridge. When we notice that the temperature has dropped and that it is not hot, we carefully remove from the mold.
- To prepare the chocolate coating, we cut the finite chocolate and melt in the micro in 1 minute and a half at low temperature. We mix with a fork or rods to get a homogeneous texture. Let’s pour over the top of the cake.
Decorate with the cookies in pieces. We let it temper so that it takes consistency and hardens. I assure you that it is a fantastic cake that will give for about 8-10 people, depending on the sweet tooth you are.
If you follow the instructions of this chocolate cake recipe step by step, you will have no problem getting a perfect result, as you can see in the presentation photo. I hope you like it and you will prepare it at home.
Be sure to enjoy all the different chocolate desserts on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier. You can see all the photos of the step by step of the recipe for this chocolate cake in this album, do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.