- 40 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 320kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a cheese cake or Galician cheese. I present you a cake that I have prepared hundreds of times when I was a child in Galicia.
A dessert recipe that is very pleasant to the palate, with a soft cheese flavor that my sister is left with vice. I know few people who resist the allure of a good cheesecake .
If it is also with a good curd cheese, I assure you that there are not even crumbs left, it is a temptation that everyone falls into.
This is one of the most traditional cakes there can be, very similar to the quesada pasiega and accompanied with a little honey it is a dessert to put an altar on.
The cottage cheese in the recipe provides calcium and proteins typical of milk, its fat content is very low. We can use it to make sweet or savory recipes, hot or cold.
It can be found in any market or supermarket and many people do it at home, at least in the Galicia area. We could also prepare this recipe with a recuit, Catalan mató or an Italian ricotta.
I encourage you to try this recipe or the other easy cheese or fresh cheesecake , both are very easy to prepare. The success of this dessert is assured and it is that this cake is very difficult for you to go wrong, it admits many variations.
Preparation of the cottage cheese cake
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until it doubles its volume. When they are like this we add and mix the yogurt with the eggs.
- Add the whole milk to the previous mixture and beat again.
- We also add the flour with the yeast and crush in the previous bowl with the hand mixer until you obtain a fine cream. It is not necessary to beat too much so that it does not generate many bubbles.
- In the same bowl, grate the lemon half and add it with the cottage cheese (remember that it is the star ingredient, it must be of quality) and the drizzle of cognac to the previous mixture. We beat everything until there are no lumps.
- We put the previous mixture in a container greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- If the mold you have at home is already non-stick, you do not need to spread it with butter.
- But if it is like in this case, the best is a high mold, if you have a little bigger, then it will be finer and will need less baking time.
- Just smear the mold with butter, but without excesses.
Baking the cottage cheese cake and final presentation
- We preheat the oven to 200º C for 10 minutes before putting the cake in it.
- We introduce the quesada in the oven at 190º C. With the option of heat up and down, in the middle tray of the same. We are going to bake it for about 30 minutes. As I mentioned in some other recipe, everything depends on the oven, always look with a fork and when it is dry, remove it.
- A little advice, cover the quesada with silver paper so that the top does not burn. We remove the cake when there are 10 minutes of cooking.
- Let cool for 1 or 2 hours and finally remove from the mold.
- Be careful when cutting the portion, it tends to crumble a little … a good sign to taste this cake. Accompany with a good jet of honey, it goes with pearls.
You can see all the step by step photos of the cottage cheese cake recipe in the next album. Following the photos I assure you that it will be perfect the first time.
Tips for a fluffy cottage cheese pie
- The main ingredient in this tart is cottage cheese. The best thing is that you buy a quality one because the flavor is very important.
- An ingredient that works very well are raisins or sultanas. Although before you must macerate them in cognac or some other liquor that you have on hand (it should be added just before putting it in the oven).
- This cottage cheese pie is a very simple recipe to make despite having several steps. The result is worth it as it is a very soft cake with a very special texture.
- I assure you that it will delight the whole family, young and old. Triumph assured with this dessert, a cheesecake that will stay at home as one of your best recipes.