- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken stew with mushrooms .
This is a recipe with chicken so simple that it can save you from more than one commitment, because it is done with what you have at home.
It usually has very usual ingredients at home such as onion, garlic, white wine, … but you can add pepper or other vegetables. You just have to buy the chicken and some mushrooms .
This dish is very simple to prepare, it goes almost alone. A chicken meat stew with a wine and tomato sauce, which is cooked over low heat for just over 1 hour and results in a great dish, tasty and filling.
You will see how the chicken is juicy and the delicious sauce, perfect for dipping a good piece of bread.
I leave you with this chicken stew that directly rivals the orange chicken stew , our classic beer chicken , the famous chicken in pepitoria or the simple chicken in the garden . Who are encouraged?
Sealing the chicken before stewing
- For this stew we can use pieces of chicken, but I always recommend that they be pieces with bone, since they are usually the tastiest parts of the chicken. With these stilts or with chicken thighs they are very rich.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and corn starch (it would also be worth wheat flour).
- We remove excess flour to avoid incorporating too much into the stew. We reserve on a plate.
- In a large saucepan, heat about 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the chicken and brown well on all sides.
- Once we have the chicken well browned we take it to a plate and reserve. In the same oil where the chicken has browned, we are going to cook the onion and garlic.
Preparation of chicken stew with mushrooms
- Peel the garlic cloves and crush them with a garlic masher (or laminate them very finely).
- Cut the onion into small cubes and add everything to the casserole. We fry for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grate or crush the tomatoes and add to the onion. We put the chicken pieces back in the saucepan and stir everything so that the ingredients and flavors come together.
- Add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate for a few minutes before adding the chicken stock or water.
- We tried salt and if necessary we began to season again. Cover the casserole and let the chicken stew for about 30-35 minutes over medium heat.
- After this time, we wash and laminate the mushrooms. Remove well the bits of land that they usually carry, we do not want them to spoil the stew.
- We continue cooking with the casserole covered for 15 minutes and uncover.
- We try salt and if necessary rectify.
- We continue the process 15 more minutes until the chicken stew is prepared.
We can serve the chicken on the spot with some cooked potatoes, some baked potatoes or a little white rice.
You can see all the step by step photos of the recipe for this chicken stew in this album.
Tips for a perfect chicken stew
- For this recipe we are going to use chicken stilts, but you can use any part of the chicken that you like. We have prepared this recipe with chicken wings, one of the pieces that you like the most at home. Remember that if the pieces of the chicken are small, the cooking times vary.
- This chicken stew recipe is very easy, you can use it as a base for your stew and then change, for example, the mushrooms, for any other type of seasonal mushroom that you like. You will give it your personal touch, so it will be even better.
- We can add a little parsley well cut to give color and aroma to the stew. This tip is optional. Even a touch of spice if they are not going to eat the smallest, it is great. Just a little bit of freshly ground black pepper improves a lot.
- It is better to prepare it in advance to serve it from one day to the next, it earns a lot. This will establish the flavors and we will have a richer stewed chicken if possible.