- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to make tuna stuffed potatoes .
Today I have one of those potato recipes with which, in a moment and without work, we achieve a result of licking fingers.
These are some tuna stuffed potatoes that I can’t help but remind me a little of my student days, where the combination, tuna and tomato sauce , was the star of my kitchen.
Many times it is not necessary to complicate life with laborious and long elaborations to get a great dish and, in my opinion, today’s recipe is good proof of this.
The truth is that with very simple ingredients, which we are sure we will all have in the pantry, we will be able to take out of our sleeve a very rich and tasty dish that can be a perfect starter or accompaniment for any meat or fish that we prepare.
Potatoes are a container and you can change them for tomatoes, zucchini , artichokes, aubergines , peppers … You cannot say that today’s recipe is not open to all tastes.
Although I have used Cheddar cheese, which I especially like to melt, you can use the one you have at home and tune the recipe as you wish.
It is clear that the better the ingredients the better the result will be, if the tuna is good the difference will be noticed and if the tomato sauce is homemade, the better.
I can only tell you to get down to work to enjoy some easy and super tasty stuffed potatoes, totally yummy.
Preparation of potatoes stuffed with tuna
- We wash the potatoes well under the tap to remove dirt and put them to cook in a saucepan with plenty of salt water.
- We must let the potatoes cook until we prick them with a fork and we can introduce them without resistance.
- This, depending on the size of the potatoes, can take us about 15 or 20 minutes.
- We drain the potatoes and let them cool before continuing to handle them.
- If we cut them at this time, even hot, they will most likely fall apart and the skin will come off. We will wait until the potatoes have been tempered to continue.
- While the potatoes cool, prepare the filling. In a bowl we mix the tuna with its oil, the grated cheddar cheese, the tomato sauce, salt and parsley. Mix and reserve.
- When the potatoes are warm we cut them in half lengthwise, taking care that the skin does not come off.
- With a coffee spoon, empty each of the halves keeping a wall of about 0.5 cm. so that the potato does not break.
- Add the potato that you have removed to the tuna mixture and mix well until you get a paste.
- Grease a dish suitable for the oven with olive oil and place the potatoes once we have filled them with a portion of the tuna paste. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- With the oven previously heated to 200º C, gratin the potatoes for about 12 minutes.
- We serve the hot potatoes, sprinkled with parsley.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for potatoes stuffed with tuna
Tips for some fluffy stuffed potatoes
- With little time and effort we can have a great appetizer, starter or accompaniment ready, very tasty and easy to prepare.
- You can also tune them to your liking, cook them with your favorite vegetables and meats, such as cooked ham, asparagus, zucchini, squash, corn, etc …
- You can also use the microwave to make the potatoes, they will be a little different from the cooked ones but another way to prepare them. In any case, another yummy recipe for you to cook at home.