- 45 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make mushroom croquettes .
As you well know, we are very croquettes at home, so I return to the fray with a recipe for croquettes .
As we are in autumn, in the middle of the wild mushroom season , this recipe for croquettes is perfect for cooking those that we collect. And if you are not one of those who go to the mountains, we will not give up these delicious croquettes either.
Canned mushrooms or those that can be found packaged, fresh, in the supermarket are perfectly worth it. It will not be the same in terms of intensity of flavor, but we will also have creamy and delicious croquettes.
On the blog I already have a few recipes for croquettes, for all tastes, and I’m sure I’ll continue to publish more. It is a “national” dish that always triumphs, especially if they are homemade.
You can find from the most classic, chicken croquettes to the less common ones such as Galician octopus croquettes . As always, we also think of celiacs, and I recommend our gluten-free croquettes .
In addition to some good wild mushrooms, such as Boletus Edulis , which I have used in this recipe, another key is to make a good béchamel . Get ready to prepare it without haste and with patience. You will verify that once you have taken the point, all your croquettes will come out at your point.
A good idea is to double the quantities, and you can freeze the leftover kibble for later. They will bail you out any day you don’t have much time to cook. To prepare them, simply fry them directly in very hot oil.
Preparation of the base of the croquettes. Béchamel and filling
- On this occasion, I am going to use fresh Boletus Edulis, which have been brought to me from the Madrid highlands. If you are going to use wild mushrooms, the first thing is to clean and sanitize them, keeping only the healthy parts. Chop them into small cubes and reserve.
- We cut the onion into a fine “brunoise”. Poach over medium heat in extra virgin olive oil (20 ml.). Next we add the chopped boletus. We cook until they are soft. We remove from the oil.
- It is the turn of the bechamel , the most important part of the croquettes. Following my recipe, step by step, you will have no problem. It will be very creamy and without lumps.
- We let the béchamel temper. We lightly crush the onion and the mushrooms, so that we have a more homogeneous mixture and it integrates better. Add to the béchamel sauce and mix well.
- Grease a pan with butter and also sprinkle the base with a little flour.
- Pour the dough into the croquettes, distribute it evenly and cover with a transparent film. This way we prevent the surface from drying out.
- We leave the dough for several hours in the fridge. The longer it is, the more manageable it will be later to prepare the croquettes. I leave it at home the day before, so that it passes in the cold for at least 12 hours.
Breaking, frying and final presentation of the mushroom croquettes
- When the time comes, we go with the breading. We beat the eggs, and toss the breadcrumbs in a deep plate.
- We sprinkle our hands with flour and we shape our croquettes. With the traditional or spherical shape, as you like.
- We go through egg and then through breadcrumbs. We remove the excess and we are reserving. If you have homemade breadcrumbs, what can you do in a kitchen robot, much better. They will be even richer.
- Place them separately in a source, and when finished, back to the fridge. To rest and take texture, about an hour.
- Fry the croquettes in very hot olive oil (but that does not get to smoke), about four or five each time, until they are golden on all sides.
- We reserve on an absorbent paper, and thus we will remove the excess oil.
- With these amounts, 15-20 croquettes will turn out, depending on the size you make.
As I told you, you can double and freeze them (always without frying) and thus you will have them available for any day.
If you do not want to miss a detail on how to prepare this recipe for mushroom croquettes , click on the photos in the step by step.