- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 4.2 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to make a beef roti stuffed with ham and cheese .
The imagination in the kitchen makes simple and habitual dishes become other fun and original ones.
The meat recipe that I present today is an example of this. With this roti or round of ham and cheese and starting from a simple beef steak and some vegetables , we can prepare an appetizer or a different second.
It is a dish that can be eaten cold as a starter, cut as a cold cut, as thin as possible, or hot as a balanced and tasty second dish.
As always the quality of the ingredients is important, the meat must be that of a good steak, and the vegetables to use those of temperate. The process is simple, it is about making a roll with the meat filling it, in this case with cooked ham and cheese. Then we seal it and braise it together with a light vegetable sauce.
We can perfectly adapt the filling of our roti in the way that we like, boiled egg, olives, Serrano ham or capers. Any ingredient would be valid to place inside the roll, it is only a matter of imagination.
In the blog you can also find other similar options of yummy. In addition we have published a special with tips to make the perfect stuffed meat , yummy. From the stuffed veal , the classic cordon bleu or the Uruguayan version of the chicken pamplonas , delicious without a doubt.
Preparation of beef roti with ham and cheese
- We start by preparing the sauce. Peel the chives and cut into cubes.
- Heat 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and add the chopped chives. We let it cook over medium heat while we cut the rest of the vegetables.
- We wash the carrots and the pepper and cut them into small cubes. Add the vegetables to the casserole and fry until you see that it is soft.
- While we wash the leek and we change it. When the carrot and pepper are beginning to brown, add the leek.
- We continue cooking until the vegetables are well poached. This process could take us about 25 minutes.
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate for 2 minutes.
- Add the meat stock or the water, the salt and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- We pass the vegetables through the mixer or through the Chinese and reserve in the same casserole.
- We prepare the meat roll by placing the fillets, one after the other on top of a piece of transparent paper. This role will help us later in the task of rolling up the meat.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and spread the cooked ham on top.
- With the help of transparent paper we roll the meat on itself until it forms a cylinder.
- We tie the roll with a kitchen cord to ensure that it will not come undone during cooking.
Mark the meat and its cooking. Final presentation of roti or beef roll
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add the meat roll. We seal the meat on all sides and remove from the heat.
- We place the roll in the saucepan with the sauce and cook for 40 minutes over medium heat.
- If we do this process with a fast pot with 15 minutes they would be enough to have the meat ready.
- We let it cool, both meat and sauce in the same pot. The ideal is to prepare this dish in advance, if we do it overnight we leave it in the same pot until it is time to serve.
- We serve the usually cold roti, cut into thin slices and accompanied with the vegetable sauce.
- We can also present it hot with some fried potatoes to finish off the dish, or as a cold cut in a sandwich.
Any garnish looks next to this recipe, even with these heats it could not hurt a salad of various lettuces, a great accompaniment.
The options are many but the result is always the same, a light and delicious bite. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.