- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make meat stuffed eggs.
Within my childhood memories, I have a clear image of family parties and seeing my super busy mother preparing food for everyone.
Among the dishes on the menu was one that never failed, eggs stuffed with tuna or meat .
These types of snacks may be considered a bit old nowadays, understand me, I am a total fan of stuffed eggs but I admit that they are not very fashionable anymore.
They are no longer given as a cover when having a wine except perhaps in the bar in my town, nor is it part of the delicatessen for birthdays and family parties, except for those organized by my mother, of course.
Today I have prepared stuffed eggs , one of the variants that we prepare at home, meat stuffed eggs.
It is a light version, without béchamel sauce that, on this occasion, it does not need, super tasty and very addictive.
We are going to prepare a sauce of vegetables and meat, fill the eggs and give them a touch of cheese, this recipe is so simple and so great. I assure you that they are very good, you will tell me.
Cooking the eggs and filling
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan with plenty of water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and let cool before peeling and removing the shell. We reserve.
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut them into small cubes, in brunoise.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet and brown the vegetables over medium heat until soft.
- Add the minced meat to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until we see that it begins to brown.
- Add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate before adding the tomato sauce.
- Stir well to integrate, season and let the whole cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cold, we cut them in half and remove the yolks.
- Crush them with a fork before adding them to the meat sauce.
- We integrate them into the mixture, cook 1 or 2 more minutes and remove the filling from the heat.
Preparation of eggs stuffed with meat
- We preheat the oven to 190º C in the gratin function.
- We fill each of the halves of the empty whites with a well-filled tablespoon of the meat filling.
- We place the stuffed eggs in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the eggs with abundant grated cheese, the one you like the most (to the personal touch of each house).
- Gratin the stuffed eggs in the tray placed above until the golden beech cheese. With 5 minutes they will be perfect.
We can serve hot or cold stuffed eggs as an appetizer or as a side dish accompanied by a green salad.
In any case, it is an addictive bite, the kind of start and stop.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the recipe for eggs stuffed with meat in this album.