- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 5.4 € / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
How to make sea bass with potatoes and apple
After the recipe for sea bass in salt , it is the turn of this other preparation with this white fish, also baked and with a delicious final result .
Sea bass is one of our favorite fish, due to its soft flavor and texture, and also in the kitchen it stands out for its versatility since we can cook it in many different ways and with simple recipes.
To prepare this baked sea bass we have decided to accompany it with potatoes, a handful of clams, a ripe Golden apple and a good Galician white wine from my area.
Sea bass is considered a very nutritious fish for its qualities. In addition to being very nutritious and healthy, another of its virtues is the presence of few bones in its meat, so it will get along well with the smallest of the house.
Its possibilities when cooking it are endless , grilled, baked, salted , on the back , grilled and grilled, in papillote or puff pastry , etc.
For all the reasons mentioned, it is not surprising that the wild sea bass is present in the restaurants and menus of the most prestigious restaurants, especially those that are committed to a fresh and quality product.
Preparation of potatoes and clams
- Before going to work we will put the clams in water for 1 hour, so that they release the sand that can remain inside the shell.
- While we take them we check that they are well closed, discarding those that come already open (and do not close) due to the risk that they feel bad when consuming them.
- We wash the potatoes, peel them and cut them “in a bakery” , in half centimeter slices.
- We fry them in very hot oil for 5 minutes, so that they are done in part and then finish cooking during the baking time.
- We reserve on absorbent paper so that they release the oil from the frying.
- Peel the onion and cut it into thin slices (less than the potatoes), so that they are perfectly cooked in the oven. If we leave them very fat then they will be raw.
- We peel the apple, remove the core and cut it (with skin included) into pieces as if they were segments. From each half we will get about 6 servings.
- We mince the garlic cloves and the fresh parsley and mix it with a splash of white wine. We salt the fish and spread with the mashed.
Baking and final presentation of the sea bass
- We preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 180º C.
- In a large, flat baking dish, we proceed to assemble the ingredients for baking.
- We put a base of potatoes and salt to taste, put an onion layer on top.
- We incorporate the fish and finally we distribute the apple pieces by the source.
- We water the potato and onion base with the white wine. The recommended time will be 20 minutes at 180º C.
- We start with 15 minutes and when 5 minutes remain, we open the oven, we distribute the clams through the source and they will open little by little with the heat.
We would then have 5 more minutes of time and the plate would be ready to taste on the table.
If you do not want to miss out on this recipe for sea bass with potatoes and apple , be sure to see this album step by step.
Tips for a Baked Stuffed Sea Bass
- The baking time will vary depending on the size / weight of the fish. We also have to take into consideration our oven, each oven is a world and nobody knows it better than you.
- We must try not to overdo it over time so that we can enjoy the texture and flavor of the sea bass and that it is not too dry.
- We serve the source fresh from the oven and pair with the same white wine that we use in the preparation of the recipe.